HyperX Cloud II louder in right ear

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthamind

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
I got the HyperX Cloud II headphones about a week ago. I started noticing that the sound seemed a bit louder in my right ear. I know these are supposed to be 7.1 surround headphones, but i don't mean sounds that are specifically meant for one ear/area. I'm talking general sounds that are supposed to be equal in volume and intensity for both.

At first, I thought maybe my ears/mind were playing tricks on me, so I turned the headphones around so the right earphone was over my left ear, and vice versa. After doing that, the sound was louder in my left ear (which was the right earphone). So it's definitely not a hearing problem.

I thought maybe it had something to do with my PC's ports, so I changed from one USB to a different one. The problem still persisted.

After that, I figured I should try a different source altogether, so I plugged them into my phone and played some music. Again, same problem. Audio is louder in the right ear.

Lastly, I took off the USB converter that comes with the headphones, and I plugged the headphones straight into my PC's headphone port. Once again, the problem was still the same.

Since I've had them, I've changed nothing in my PC's audio settings. I haven't messed with any balance settings or equalizers. I haven't dropped the headphones or gotten them wet or anything that would damage them. The only thing I've done, other than wear them, is swap out the ear cups that come with them for the velour ones that are also provided.

So, do these need to be replaced? Or are there any other possible solutions to the problem?

Solution
it's virtual 7.1.... so it's not real and it sounds horrible. turn it off and it should sound normal. otherwise they are great headphones for stereo.

if you did plug it in directly and it sounds off still either your settings are wrong in the audio mixer, aka L or R is low in the controls or your headphones are bunk.

iamacow

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
it's virtual 7.1.... so it's not real and it sounds horrible. turn it off and it should sound normal. otherwise they are great headphones for stereo.

if you did plug it in directly and it sounds off still either your settings are wrong in the audio mixer, aka L or R is low in the controls or your headphones are bunk.

Solution

jthamind

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
I tried turning off 7.1, but that didn't change anything. I did check the earphone balance, though, and they were off for some reason. I had never touched them before, though. I set them both to 50 and it sounds better now.

Also, what's up with "Allow Applications to Take Exclusive Control of This Device?" It's checked by default, should I leave it that way?

iamacow

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Im guessing that allows each app to control the audio volume through the USB sound card. If you directly plug in the headphones than you shouldn't have that option. I would just leave it alone..

btw im glad you found the issue, these headphones sound great. I've used it for about a month now (Testing for a review)

Status
Not open for further replies.