Hyperx Cloud or Hyperx Cloud 2 (I have Asus DGX)

Craigt1989

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
I am currently trying to decide on which to buy.

At the moment I have a Steelseries Siberia v2 headset that works fine but I am after an upgrade. And my search for headsets has led me to the Hyperx Cloud 1 and 2. However I am struggling to decide. Basically I have a sound card (a cheap Asus DGX) so I am not sure if the Hyperx Cloud 2 is worth it or not, would the Hyperx Cloud 1's be better with this?

Also, I have been checking out videos of the sound quality in the microphone, the Hyperx Cloud 2s mic sounds better with the original Clouds mic having a little hiss on it constantly it seems but I do wonder if my sound card would eliminate this?

Specs and reviews seem to say the USB sound card are the reason for the better microphone and the reduction in the background noise and hiss like noise on it so surely my sound card would mean the Hyperx Cloud 1's microphone would be improved to similar quality of the Hyperx Cloud 2's microphone.

So basically, anyone out there have the Hyperx Cloud and use a sound card? How is the mic with it? Any hiss etc on it?

And what would people recommend? The 1's or the 2's?

I don't want to drive my friends online mad with the mic being awful!

Ps, I know this question has been asked but I have never seen about the mic in particular relating to sound cards improving the mic performance and reducing hiss type noise from a mic. Also I don't want headphones and a mod mic.

Thanks!

Brad_12

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
Just got the Cloud 2's yesterday - sorry if the reply took too long, but I wanted to let you know you're going to want to get the Cloud 1's, the Cloud 2's require an adapter that you have to buy seperately in order to utilize your Asus sound card (the USB forces you to use their sound card). The Cloud 1's already use 3.5mm split into green/pink (mic and headphone line), whereas the Cloud 2's have a single 4-port 3.5mm that requires a separately bought splitter. The "adapter" that people think it comes with is actually a splitter built for use on airplanes, NOT a splitter that separates audio in/out. Cloud 1's are otherwise the same outside of that.