I accidentally uninstalled nvidia graphics driver

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Have you checked Window Update? Some drivers show up after a scan, albeit I highly doubt the appearance of the nVidia drivers on 'WU'. If you still have the installation disc, it might be a goof idea to run it WHILE THE PC IS ON' and choose the option to install software (on the disc), but avoid FULL SYSTEM install option.
Aug 3, 2017

I was able to play gta 4 in super high speed and now it is completly waste
and also 18 wheels of steel haulin is same.

Jun 6, 2017
Have you checked Window Update? Some drivers show up after a scan, albeit I highly doubt the appearance of the nVidia drivers on 'WU'. If you still have the installation disc, it might be a goof idea to run it WHILE THE PC IS ON' and choose the option to install software (on the disc), but avoid FULL SYSTEM install option.

Solution
judging by the spec that u listed from speccy which is a lot different than what u listed,an i3 and nvidia ??? i say ur laptop does not have any nvidia card to begin with.it should show up even if u deleted the driver as 3d video controller.

Aug 3, 2017

Windows update didnt work but second step worked I had a nvidia 344.24 version and it was bit modified . That was what they said means I buyed this from a person.

zhoid99

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
I had the same problem and I struggled to fix it as well.

But after stumbling over something random I managed to fix it.

This is my solution:

Windows Defender Security Centre has a warning sign.
I clicked on it and then clicked on Device Performance and Health which brought a troubleshooter and it did a scan on my laptop and found the issues. I clicked on 'Apply fix' for every issue and restarted my laptop.

It restored the graphics card to the Display adapters.

I dont know if this will work for everyone but it helped me.

amanda.behning

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
I have the same problem and no matter where i look, all i see is the intel card... scanning for hardware changes doesn't work. also looking in specs doesn't work. it's like by deleting the driver i deleted the hardware... so bizarre.

amanda.behning

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017

did you figure it out? i have exactly the same problem and am super stuck, no matter what i do, the graphics card won't show up anymore...

DSzymborski

Distinguished

Start a new thread with all the details of your problem (what it is, how it started) and all of your specs. You'll struggle to find much help jumping into an old thread with a vaguely similar problem.

amanda.behning

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017

it isn't vaguely similar, it's exactly the same problem. 100%. if there was a solution, i want to know. this question appears all over the internet and i can't find a thread with a real solution - everything is just suggestions, and the original posters never confirmed that something worked. it is EXACTLY the same problem so if i can find out what they did, i assume it will fix it. i don't feel that starting a new thread for the same thing is productive.

DSzymborski

Distinguished

We never even got the original poster's full specs, so it's hard to say. There are a *lot* of different causes of these symptoms.

We don't do "catch-all" threads for things like this and people tend not to click on "solved" threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.