Solved! I am having a problem with my laptop

Jan 21, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a problem with my laptop (HP 250 G5 Notebook PC-Windows 10) and can't identify the cause.
Basically my battery won't load for some weird reason. Right now it stays at 0% and it is not charging.

The day before it was charging and I had to problems with it. During the evening, the laptop just shut down by itself, even though the battery tray icon was showing 20%. Why is that?

The next day it was showing 0% and does not load anymore. I've tried to look for damages on the battery, I've upgraded the BIOS, all the drivers, tried to shut down the laptop, press the power button for 60 seconds... but nothing seems to happen. It seems that everything I do has no effect.

I've used the application provided by HP (HP Hardware Diagnostics) to verify problems, but it says that everything is fine, both battery and inner components. I've also tried to charge the battery using a different socket, but nothing happens. . What is causing this problem? The laptop works without battery.

The energy reports after executing the commands "powercfg /batteryreport" and "powercfg /energy" show that everything is fine and that there are no problems with the battery, the drivers ...

My laptop is relatively new: I bought it in october 2016. I don't run heavy programs on it, clean it regularly and don't have many applications installed. I do work with it, but most of the time I write using MS-Word and make presentations (are those considered heavy softwares? I don't think so!).

Technical information:
-BIOS version: Insyde F.45, 15.10.2018
-SMBIOS version: 2.8
-Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3710 @ 1.60GHz, 1601MHz

I hope there is a solution for this problem!
Thank you all in advance!

Solution
Few things to try, new battery and/or a new charger. If neither of those fixes the issue then it could be a charging port or motherboard issue.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from pancho.valkov : "I am experiencing a problem with my laptop's battery"