I am looking for an affordable gaming laptop

porkyzig

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
I want to buy an affordable gaming laptop with a decent gpu, capable of running modern games at 40+ fps for around 600-700 dollars. the current one i am looking at is a dell inspiron 15 7000 gaming with 8gb of ddr4 ram, an i5-7300HQ and a gtx 1050. I was wondering if there was anything better out there in the price range I stated

Solution
Does that Dell have a mechanical drive? The Acer Nitro 5 is in your price range and has great specs, and currently Newegg is selling refurb units for around $580 of the 256GB SSD variant.

There is a new Asus TUF line notebook for $699 right now on both Amazon and Newegg, it is very niche however. It has a 1TB hybrid drive which is its bottleneck, and it only has a 2 GB 1050 (as opposed to a Ti, etc) in order to sacrifice for the fact that it has an 8th Gen processor. However this might be a good option as it seems to have a great cooling system, nice quality keyboard, and although its not a SSD, it simply has more space for games while not exactly crawling like a traditional HDD.

If you are not uncomfortable buying refurbs, I would...

rune2h

Proper
May 1, 2018
Does that Dell have a mechanical drive? The Acer Nitro 5 is in your price range and has great specs, and currently Newegg is selling refurb units for around $580 of the 256GB SSD variant.

There is a new Asus TUF line notebook for $699 right now on both Amazon and Newegg, it is very niche however. It has a 1TB hybrid drive which is its bottleneck, and it only has a 2 GB 1050 (as opposed to a Ti, etc) in order to sacrifice for the fact that it has an 8th Gen processor. However this might be a good option as it seems to have a great cooling system, nice quality keyboard, and although its not a SSD, it simply has more space for games while not exactly crawling like a traditional HDD.

If you are not uncomfortable buying refurbs, I would take a look at the deal on the Acers on Newegg. Currently the refurb unit is rated 5 stars.

Solution

porkyzig

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017

Im looking at one of nitros for 649$ at bestbuy with a 1050ti in it, so it beats out the 1050... and the vram is 4gb i think.