I believe I picked up a bug

Sabrina_7

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
It started this morning with what i thought was a skype or mouse issue....

It seemed like skype was the culprit, I couldn't close anything, that i opened, while skype was running, so i closed it and tested things out, even tried another mouse, things seemed fine until i logged into skype, so i completely reinstalled it. Things seemed fine again. Ran malwarebytes, and went to google chrome to make sure some weird add-on didnt get installed some how, now i realize the mouse will not click (right or left) on the 3 bars to open chrome settings, so i reinstall ed that incase its infected.

Now my wireless mouse will not respond to clicking on ant "X" to close things, and can not seem to close certain things that pop up... example: in firefox i tried to re-download chrome to see if it fixed the setting not opening issue and the pop to save or cancel the download can not be clicked i have to force close firefox. If i click the back button in a browser it just opened the previous page in a new tab, when i click that new tab it just closes. I have no idea what happen.

Did a system restore - only when i used my proteus core, which uses its own software/firmware did my pc go nuts again, so I did another system restore and did not plug it in again.... fixed right? Wrong, pc was perfect for hours, until all of a sudden i thought my CPU was dying, apparently 100's of Java start ups are running, so i quickly uninstalled that.

Now how can i find whats really causing my laptop to lose its mind?

I know this is a long story but anyone that can help, please, I dont want to have a virus or a PC i cant click on things.

Solution
Wireless mouse - did you install new batteries?

Did you try reinstalling the mouse driver via the manufacturer's website. Be sure to match

Any signs of overheating or PSU problems - e.g., computer seems hot, fans louder.....

Run your AV software.

Check the computer's logs via Event Viewer. Look for errors and error codes.
Wireless mouse - did you install new batteries?

Did you try reinstalling the mouse driver via the manufacturer's website. Be sure to match

Any signs of overheating or PSU problems - e.g., computer seems hot, fans louder.....

Run your AV software.

Check the computer's logs via Event Viewer. Look for errors and error codes.

Solution