I can see photos on iPhone 5s but cannot transfer all of them

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

photosbyiki

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
So I have looked on the interwebs already for a solution to this but cannot find one anywhere. I don't have the issue of the phone being locked or anything like that. The problem is a little more frustrating. I have around 300 photos on my iPhone and I can see them on my iphone. However, when I plug it into my pc or mac, I can only see around 30.
So I downloaded a software called Syncios, which just allows you to transfer photos and videos from your phone to the pc. The good news, in Syncios I can see all my photos. The bad news, even though it allows me to select and export all the photos, only 30 still transfer.

What is going on here? Can anyone help please, it's driving me crazy and the iPhone won't let me take anymore photos until I've offloaded what I have on there.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

bcterry

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
You can download a free tool called iFunBox which will allow you to browse through all the Apple hidden folders and find these pics and download them locally. Once verified on your local HD you can deal with your iPhone properly by tossing it off a bridge.. lol

joycepashley

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017

Sorry I don't have a solution, but I do have the same problem. And indeed just since the last couple of days!

kentigern

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
Me too. No solution but for about the last 3 months I've been unable to upload photos from iPhone SE to my PC running Windows 7. The error message on the computer reads something like 'no new photos found'. I've also tried to open the iPhone content from the computer, in the hope of copying the photos across manually, but the iPhone storage appears empty even though there are about 12GB worth of photos on the phone. Really frustrating. Any solutions appreciated.

NB I don't use iCloud storage so don't think that can be the problem as some have experienced.

serif

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
Been struggling for hours to upload photos from iphone 5s to PC. It kept saying 'no photos found' Have just updated itunes to the newest version (1.1?) and all the pictures have uploaded.Hope this helps someone.

lisa_hall777

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
Switch to Samsung. Seems Apple broke everything. I believe they intentionally put bugs into their updates to piss people off to the point that they keep buying new phones. So the only solution in my opinion, is to go away from Apple entirely. Things only break once they have a new phone out and the updates come out, suddenly your phone no longer works. Mine for example, doesn't see any new photos at all....there are plenty. Guess who is walking away from apple entirely now?

bostitch.rider

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
I had the same issue, Iphone6. As above mentioned its not in Itunes, open the Icloud app, you'll see IClound Photos. You can choose Download or Upload. Choose Download. Then in your Photos folder there will be a new folder called Icloud Photos then Download folder. They all showed up there.
There were they because on my phone I choose to save to Icloud instead of local to save on space..

beansite

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
I found that in Windows 10, using the Microsoft Photos app, you can see all the photos and videos on the iPhone and download them using import>usb>iPhone. You can also do it with icloud.com but you only seem to be able to download one photo at a time which is laborious. (I have used the 'optimise storage' setting to reduce storage on the phone and I presume this must have something to do with why the photos don't show up in File Explorer.)

anne_donald

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
I had the same problem and spent hours trying to get my photos. Computer would see them but when asked to transfer it would say that they were not there. I stumbled upon Phone Companion by accident and clicked everything I could. I will try to give you my solution - I did get my photos!!
Transferring photos from iphone

Plug iphone to computer
Windows Search for <Phone Companion>
Apple iPhone is listed at bottom L, 2 options shown
choose <Transfer other files with file Explorer>
Computer directory opens, list of your externals is shown on right - click on <iPhone>
At bottom left of screen after Recycle Bin <Removable Storage Devices> appears
Open: <Removable Storage Devices>
<iphone>
<internal storage>
<DCIM> - list of photo directories - photos!!

I was able to transfer the whole DCIM directory and then deal with moving photos around.

fyzasams

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
hi anne ,did u still using phone 5s because i got the same prob just ths morning since i update the new ios latest one. very frustrating, cannot tranfser all my photo form iphone it's almost 1500 photo but i only can see 15 photo .im badly saddd :(

paul_jameson_

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
I have the same issue. iOS 11. It starts downloading the pics but then it stops and says the file can't be read.

I tried Lightroom, Photos, Image Capture, everything.

I am now emailing photos to myself and that at least works. In the short term. Once I have all the photos I'll try and reinstall iOS11.

Mar 1, 2018

Thank you! This was helpful! After doing this, I still couldn't get all my photos to upload to my computer, but I found that by deleting a ton of old photos, I was finally able to get them all uploaded!

Apr 14, 2018

Apr 14, 2018
This is just a big thank you to vipva2912 - brilliant, for months I had no photos showing, but just followed your instructions regarding the blue arrow and clicked on the sentences above - Hey Presto - loads of photos.
Thank you very very much !!

Status
Not open for further replies.