I cannot connect my laptop to a projector.

charlsy4ril

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
I cannot connect my laptop to a projector. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. When I go to control panel in the Hardware and Sound settings, I can't find the "connect to a projector" link. What do I do to solve this problem. My laptop Model is hp 250 G5 notebook PC.

Solution
To the best of my knowledge, there's no such thing as a "connect to a projector" link. Now, a projector is basically just a screen, a monitor. And windows recognizes them as such (i have a couple of projectors at home). So what you would have to do is connect the projector to the laptop using the laptop's video output (either VGA or HDMI, depending on what type of video input the projector has). Turn the projector on, and then turn the laptop on. Once on the Windows desktop, right-click anywhere on the desktop, and select Screen Setup from the pop-up menu. Now you should see a screen that shows all the available screens. There should be two, the laptop's, and the projector. If you select the latter, you should be able to set how you...

Blas

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
To the best of my knowledge, there's no such thing as a "connect to a projector" link. Now, a projector is basically just a screen, a monitor. And windows recognizes them as such (i have a couple of projectors at home). So what you would have to do is connect the projector to the laptop using the laptop's video output (either VGA or HDMI, depending on what type of video input the projector has). Turn the projector on, and then turn the laptop on. Once on the Windows desktop, right-click anywhere on the desktop, and select Screen Setup from the pop-up menu. Now you should see a screen that shows all the available screens. There should be two, the laptop's, and the projector. If you select the latter, you should be able to set how you want it to be used (as an exact replica of the laptop screen, or as an independent screen: the options are available in a dropdown menu at the bottom of the window, where it says something like "Multiple displays".
Hope it helps! :)

Solution