I can't figure out what's the malware I was having.

TheEveryDayGuy

Estimable
May 10, 2014
Apparently, Back in 2005 - 2006 or something. I've encountered this weird problem. I was only 5 back then . I was playing on my neighbor's computer (it was running windows xp), but I had to left because my father called. And I didn't really know how to shutdown the computer by using Start menu. So I pressed the power button on the case. And then suddenly, all the colors on the monitor changed. It did not show the "Shutting down your computer" screen , it just started flashing different images . I was in panic so I ran outside quickly. I didn't come back until few days later, the neighbor said that his PC was broken and had to got it repaired.
So I want to know if that was some kind of malware or at least I want to know it's name. Thanks, I'll try to recall my memory for more info.

Solution
this is a concerted list...if it makes any difference to u...there are innumerable malwares from that list that can match ur symptom...
https://www.symantec.com/security_response/landing/azlisting.jsp

but i dont think this is exactly wat u r looking for...wat u r looking for is a fix...
the best thing to do is always keep malwarebytes activated on ur system...its a pretty gud software, probably the best out there and will mostly keep malwares at bay...the other important factor is ur browsing habit...if u indulge in safe browsing habits, theres not much to worry about...
another factor is that technology has eveolved leaps and bounds from 10 yrs back...todays windows firewalls are stronger and robust...but that doesnt mean its...

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
"And then suddenly, all the colors on the monitor changed."...
this doesnt sound like a malware...more like a hardware issue, like the gpu or monitor playing up...

"It did not show the "Shutting down your computer" screen , it just started flashing different images ."...
this cud be malware, if it is random images...but then again u can never know the name unless u run a diagnostics...there are infinite malwares out there...

why dont u just ask him how he fixed it...tht ll satisfy ur curiosity...

TheEveryDayGuy

Estimable
May 10, 2014

Well, He had moved out years ago, and He is also not a tech savvy person. I want to know if that there's a list of malware that does the similar thing.

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
this is a concerted list...if it makes any difference to u...there are innumerable malwares from that list that can match ur symptom...
https://www.symantec.com/security_response/landing/azlisting.jsp

but i dont think this is exactly wat u r looking for...wat u r looking for is a fix...
the best thing to do is always keep malwarebytes activated on ur system...its a pretty gud software, probably the best out there and will mostly keep malwares at bay...the other important factor is ur browsing habit...if u indulge in safe browsing habits, theres not much to worry about...
another factor is that technology has eveolved leaps and bounds from 10 yrs back...todays windows firewalls are stronger and robust...but that doesnt mean its invincible...

Solution