i can't update my BIOS on windows 10 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zagros

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
when i update my bios on my laptop it says ( mount the EFI system partition fail )
what's wrong ? and by the way my windows is cracked i didn't know that after i bought the laptop the problem was i couldn't return it because i bought it in a different country ... what i have to do ??

zagros

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017

lenovo legion y520
system sku : LENOVO_MT_80WK_BU_idea_FM_Lenovo y520_15IKBN
bios version/date : lenovo 4kcn24ww , 2/17/2017
bios mode : legacy
gtx 1050 4g version
core i7-7700hq
ram 16g

USAFRet

Illustrious

1. Why do you need to update the BIOS?

2. A pirated OS is very easy to fix. Buy a valid license. Do a full wipe and reinstall.

zagros

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017

for bug fix and boosting the laptop i think !? i searched it on google it and i find that it has something todo with ( MBR and GPT) i dont know what are those and for the windows am purchasing a valid one and resetting the laptop

USAFRet

Illustrious

'bug fix'?
Unless there is a specific issue, and a specific BIOS update addresses that specific issue, then leave it alone.

"boosting the laptop"?
If you're speaking of overclocking, you usually can't in a laptop.
And if this isn't about OC, a BIOS update infers no "boost"

Lastly...if you absolutely must do this BIOS update (and you probably don't need to), you do it exactly how the manufacturer says to do it.
Follow their directions exactly and in full, and it might work.

zagros

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017

i was trying to oc my laptop but i couldnt do it because softwares like msi afterburner or evga precision xoc didn't work on my laptop i was hoping to fix that .. but anyways thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.