I ditched the Galaxy S23 Ultra for the Pixel 8 Pro — here’s why

Technerd71

Commendable
Oct 15, 2021
If the camera is the only metric you judge a phone on them this might be a helpful article.

It is nice to highlight the camera and give all the information in the article but it would have been nice to know if there were any other reasons than the camera for the author to switch from his s23 ultra.

The two phones are very different in certain ways and it would have helped people trying to choose if they could see what else was good about the Pixel 8 Pro over the s23 ultra.

Dec 3, 2023
Sure there will be many other differences in features and specs, but for the most part they pretty much do everything we need these days and for one who replaces a dedicated camera more often / always with a mobile the more important are the overall improvements on camera usage that therefore become the deciding factor (unless again you care more about gaming, stylus, etc ).

I know Google has the upper hand with software capabilities to make up for some of the lower hardware specs, very impressive, if only we could use if on other mobile phones.

Interesting insight with the sweet spot of x5 telephoto, as indeed not only zoom or bokeh/DOF is nice but also framing indeed.

I hope that the OnePlus 12 may beat the Pixel 8 Pro, but they have less camera software experience and fine-tuning compared to Samsung and Google. But can provide better hardware than S24 Ultra for much less money.

Apr 1, 2023
IMHO phone manufacturers and reviews placing most of their "focus" on pics & vids is just plain dumb. The emphasis should be on improving call quality and clarity with better microphones and speakers.