i droped my phoned in the toliet water

Apr 29, 2018
so around 245am i was in the bathroom and dropped my phone in the water it is a lgk7 it was maybe 3 seconds at most in unclean toilet water (unfourntly) and now i have it siting on my desk its screen is facing the s=desk i have the back opened and both my sim and battery out and next to it and my lamp facing it im planning on letting it sit for a day or 2 but i need it for school also i was watching YouTube when it dropped and when i grabbed it out of the water it was playing YouTube still but the color distortion was in the center of the screen going straight up and i dont believe there was any sound playing after that i took of the case and the back took out the battery and sim and dried them all off is there anything else i should do or am i fine as it is and should just wait to see if it works or take it to a repair should also i could use a faster method as it is literally the only reason im not falling school rn

Solution
There is nothing else you can do but wait. However, please note, that unlike with straight up water (clear water) there will be a residue in the device, wherever the liquid went, even once it has dried out. This alone can cause problems. There is really no way to know the extent of the damage until the phone has fully dried. I would leave it at least 3 days if it already effected the screen, as that means liquid could have gotten in to a part you can't open up. It would then need longer to dry.
There is nothing else you can do but wait. However, please note, that unlike with straight up water (clear water) there will be a residue in the device, wherever the liquid went, even once it has dried out. This alone can cause problems. There is really no way to know the extent of the damage until the phone has fully dried. I would leave it at least 3 days if it already effected the screen, as that means liquid could have gotten in to a part you can't open up. It would then need longer to dry.

Solution