Solved! I dropped my laptop, it won't turn on......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2020
Hello,
I have been using my Dell latitude e6330 for quite some years (7 years to be exact.)
so, while i was using it I had plugged into charge and it was on and i dropped from a table (3 ft in height.) and when i turned it on windows was preparing automatic repair. I shut it down and tried to turn it on again but sadly, it would not boot. It made a whirring sound and beeped. IT IS NOT A HARD DISK FAILURE. The reason why is because i plugged in the hard drive to another computer and sure enough the hard drive was recognized.
This particular model was manufactured in 2013, and these are the specs:
i7 3540m
8 GB of RAM
WD black 298 GB SATA 7200 RPM.
I also removed the optical disk and tried to turn it on, but it would not work.
Thank you.
P/S it is not the fan.

Solution
An older machine may still use the BIOS "Beep" codes. You can research these. The number of beeps tell you what diagnostic is failing (this is from long ago--don't know if beep codes are still used).
Plugging the HD into another machine and having it recognized is not enough. Run a full HD diagnostic. Newer machines use accelerometers to park the HD if a physical drop occurs (SSDs eliminate that need). If the HD is not parked and subjected to a sudden shock, you may get a classic disk crash. This will damage a small part of the disk when the heads actually crash into the platters.
Don't go messing around inside your machine without taking ESD precautions!

Mateo65

Great
Aug 4, 2020
this is probably aproblem with ur RAM my man if its beeping and the creen wont even turn on try finding a another one coz that one is damaged
or maybe its the port
try disconnecting the Ram and connecting it again

An older machine may still use the BIOS "Beep" codes. You can research these. The number of beeps tell you what diagnostic is failing (this is from long ago--don't know if beep codes are still used).
Plugging the HD into another machine and having it recognized is not enough. Run a full HD diagnostic. Newer machines use accelerometers to park the HD if a physical drop occurs (SSDs eliminate that need). If the HD is not parked and subjected to a sudden shock, you may get a classic disk crash. This will damage a small part of the disk when the heads actually crash into the platters.
Don't go messing around inside your machine without taking ESD precautions!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.