I drove a Honda Prologue EV for a week — and it's the most underrated electric vehicle I’ve tested this year

Sep 9, 2024
This is the second John Velasco EV review I've read with the same error. He lists the level 1 charge rate at 2.4 miles per hour. His charger is set at a default extra slow charge rate of something like 700 watts. A basic 15 amp outlet is capable of twice that speed. Consult your charger manual (your guide, if you will) to make the adjustment to your charge speed. Your repeated reporting of a clearly false number is putting people off making the jump to electric cars. The rest of us are all picking up 5 miles per hour with basic level one charging. Read a manual before you write a guide.

Sep 16, 2024
One of the problems I'm going to bring up is something that's never brought up in all these discussions. This is the general motors product I like many other people have worked for Honda for over 30 years I'm familiar with the product I know exactly how it works I have changed the oil on general motors car and did simple things like brakes and such and such but that's it .Now you're giving me a general motors product with a general motors manual with the general motors scan tool with no training other than about 6 hours at school to pull code to work on a vehicle that I'm completely unfamiliar with. When you have a problem with this vehicle it's complete guess sometimes I hate to say it it's kind of like turning off your cell phone and turn it back on and hoping things work better that's kind of like what we do with this vehicle we have codes disconnect the battery wait a little while see what happens. When you're completely unfamiliar with this product it's bad enough it's a general motors product but then you throw the EV mix into it and then you have a parts catalog you don't quite understand and that's for seasoned parts people it turns into a mess when you have a problem so later on when a lot of you people do have a problem with electric vehicles we're going to be guessing the best we can to fix them.

And by the way I am the highest trained person at my dealership on this vehicle like many others we don't know much at all.

Last edited by a moderator: