News I finally upgraded to AirPods — and the wireless life’s for me

Jul 24, 2021
Welcome to the AirPod fold! I was hesitant to jump on the bandwagon too and, like you, I got mine (AirPod Pros though) as a gift. You mentioned being hard of hearing - again, like me.

One of the things I like about the Pros is their ability to amplify sound and boost your hearing. It’s not as effective as actual hearing aids but for someone without severe hearing loss it would work well.

As for loss prevention, I use a case with a carabiner or clip. Usually, I have them clipped to a zipper resting inside my day pack. I rarely carry them in my pants pockets.

Thanks for sharing your experience and I hope you continue to enjoy your AirPods!

Jul 24, 2021
If your reference is the wired earbuds from apple then no doubt it will be a step up to get airpods. If you care about audio quality you missed the target completely. They have gotten marginally better with the support for spatial audio but they are still just an average sounding pair of earbuds.

Reactions: mr reeee

LkXIII

Commendable
Jul 24, 2021
This isn't about the Airpods at all, it's just the transition from wired to true wireless earbuds.

Aug 18, 2020
I got my first pair of true wireless earbuds early on during the pandemic. They were Skullcandy Sesh I got from Amazon for 50 bucks. These things sound great but only last for 1hr. Plus, they have horrid issues with syncing and often drop out entirely. I decided to switch to AirPods. WOW these things were amazing! Battery life is enormous allowing me to listen anywhere from 3-5hrs at a time. Case itself holds a lot of charge meaning I don't have to recharge it as much. I love AirPods. I'm glad you see the light!

Jul 25, 2021
No offense to the author, delighted he's happy buuuut...

Airpods are just one of many true wireless buds and if he cares at all about audio quality he'll be replacing them in no time. Airpods are like the baseline for this range of headphones, they're a solid all rounder but they fall way short of Sony, Bose and sennheiser if you're looking for a solid music experience. This reads more like a review of true wireless audio Vs wired rather than airpods as a whole.

kin_yalbets

Estimable
Oct 31, 2017
Wireless earbuds ... ancient news. The AirPods are amazing for listening to music but lack any longevity for Zoom / Teams meetings and are downright terrible for running. There are many better options these days.

Feb 6, 2021
All the Apple love in the world in this article and not a single mention in the whole thing comparing the sound quality to basic wired headphones.
Because they're rubbish and he gets paid for words not content

Reactions: KennyKhoo
Jul 26, 2021
All the Apple love in the world in this article and not a single mention in the whole thing comparing the sound quality to basic wired headphones.
Because they're rubbish and he gets paid for words not content
Well said