I followed all the recommended steps for a hard reset on c6743 and the phone doesnt open to the boot sceen. any suggestions on

jaycee52vta

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
None of the recommended steps for a hard reset of a c6743 work.. The phone was my next door neighbor and they can't remember the password on it or to the gmail account they g used. Any suggestion on how to reset?

Solution
Have you tried doing it this way?

To do a "Factory Reset", not a hard one, try locating the pinhole on the phone. Use something small, but not sharp! (don't want to damage it) and depress the pinhole button to do the "Factory Reset".

Otherwise a "Hard Reset" can be done doing the following...

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the...

jaycee52vta

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jaycee52vta : "seeking suggest I in resetting a c6743 kyocera cell phone none of the steps given works on it. help please."

None of the given steps on during a hard reset works What else can I do

Have you tried doing it this way?

To do a "Factory Reset", not a hard one, try locating the pinhole on the phone. Use something small, but not sharp! (don't want to damage it) and depress the pinhole button to do the "Factory Reset".

Otherwise a "Hard Reset" can be done doing the following...

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

Solution

LilBitt21

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

Where is this pinhole locate d at on the phone??? Cause ive looked for weeks now for it

Niccole

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
I'm also in this pardicament where I am 100% unable to get a start up boot screen to show on my Kyocera reach. (Model # c6743) It is my 16 yr olds phone I'm trying to do a hard factory reset on as she has forgotten her lock code since she spend the summer with her father and didn't take her phone. (She has her own phone there. So she doesn't like taking her favorite phone to get distroyed. ) so... Now we are stuck. I tried poking the ONLY hole on the phone... (Btw. Don't think it was a reset hole anyway) no response at all. Tried holding all the keys and releasing in all different sequences. Even holding letting go and re holding buttons. NOTHING IS WORKING!! Please any info is appreciated. She loves THIS stupid phone and I rather fix hers to then to have to search out another just let like it and have other issues I'm not aware of after purchase from another personal seller.
Any combo of keys held... Any ideas of what to do please all suggestions welcomed!!!
Thanks

kaylareeves29

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017