Question Why is Google asking me for codes I can't receive,because the email Google wants to send the codes to isn't present on my device?

Apr 11, 2022
Hello. I did Factory Reset. Now I can't sign in with the Gmail I used on the same device before the Factory Reset, because Google wants me to verify the account.

When I enter my email and password,Google says I have to do the following:

1. Get your Redmi 9A
  2. Open the Settings app
  3. Tap Google
  4. Choose your account, if it not already selected
  5. Tap Manage Your Google Account
  6. Select the Security tab (you may need to scroll to the right)
  7. Under "Signing in to Google" tap Security code
  8. Choose an account to they the code

Yes, I know what those 8 point mean and I know how to do it. The problem is that the account supposed to get the codes isn't presented on the device, meaning I can't get the codes.

The problem happens when I try to add the Google Account I used on the same device I used before the Factory Reset.

Obviously, I can't get the codes, if I can't add the account. First I have to add the account, so I can be able to open it and see the codes - otherwise, I can't see the codes.

Doesn't Google realize they are asking me to do something impossible? How can I receive the codes, if I can't add the account supposed to receive the codes?

I'm literally being asked to receive security codes to an account that can neither be added nor opened.

If I can't add the account to the device and then open the account within the device, I can't see the codes.

How do I solve the problem?

The device is Xiaomi Redmi 9A

Anthony 7911

Great
Aug 12, 2022
I
Hello. I did Factory Reset. Now I can't sign in with the Gmail I used on the same device before the Factory Reset, because Google wants me to verify the account.

When I enter my email and password,Google says I have to do the following:

1. Get your Redmi 9A
  2. Open the Settings app
  3. Tap Google
  4. Choose your account, if it not already selected
  5. Tap Manage Your Google Account
  6. Select the Security tab (you may need to scroll to the right)
  7. Under "Signing in to Google" tap Security code
  8. Choose an account to they the code
Yes, I know what those 8 point mean and I know how to do it. The problem is that the account supposed to get the codes isn't presented on the device, meaning I can't get the codes.

The problem happens when I try to add the Google Account I used on the same device I used before the Factory Reset.

Obviously, I can't get the codes, if I can't add the account. First I have to add the account, so I can be able to open it and see the codes - otherwise, I can't see the codes.

Doesn't Google realize they are asking me to do something impossible? How can I receive the codes, if I can't add the account supposed to receive the codes?

I'm literally being asked to receive security codes to an account that can neither be added nor opened.

If I can't add the account to the device and then open the account within the device, I can't see the codes.

How do I solve the problem?

The device is Xiaomi Redmi 9A
Maybe you can contact their support team.