I got iMessage working on Android — here's how

nobody9

Estimable
May 13, 2019
Who in their right mind would want Apple's abysmal standards with regard to SMS, when you can move on to better security with everyone using Signal?

DougPinOR

Prominent
May 2, 2022
If I have an android phone, it's pretty unlikely that I would have an Apple computer or even an iPad. One is either in their ecosystem, or not.

pmjm

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Who in their right mind would want Apple's abysmal standards with regard to SMS, when you can move on to better security with everyone using Signal?

Of my thousand or so contacts, two use Signal, and I've never spoken to them on it. About 70% are on iMessage.

This tends to be very location/culturally specific. Here in California, iMessage is king. In Europe, most people are on WhatsApp. Telegram is also popular worldwide.

Nov 22, 2022
It makes my GrapheneOS-powered Pixel 5 more tempting as a daily driver, since I primarily communicate with people via iMessage.

I don't understand why this matters. I primarily communicate with people who use iMessage too. In fact of all my contacts I know TWO people on Android. And even though the rest of them have to see my apparently offensive green text bubbles, we manage to communicate just fine. Why does jumping through all these hoops to make your texts blue make sense?

If you just wanted to see if you COULD for geek reasons I totally get that. But it seems like you did this so you could turn your texts blue on peoples iphones.