I got tired of waiting for the PS5 Pro so I upgraded to the Xbox Series X instead

Aug 21, 2023
Imagine paying more for the same performance as a ps5 and thinking you made a smart choice.

The series X and the ps5 use the same hardware. The only difference being Microsofts exorbitant price for it.

Apr 27, 2024
I did pretty much the same as the writer of this. I was always a Playstation guy and gave the Series S a shot for its price and good reviews. It was great. As time went on I thought I would just wait for the ps5 pro but instead just recently found a good deal on the Series X. I already had the games and controllers so that made that easy. I gave the kids the Series S. I'm enjoying the X. All good!!!

vulcanproject

Honorable
Aug 18, 2017
So you bought the underpowered console thinking you're saving money to start with. Only to pay out again later for the more powerful one after a couple years. It cost you more money in the long run and you had years of inferior experiences.

Whereas everyone that just bought a PS5 had the same performance as Series X and better games catalogue anyway.

Buy cheap buy twice. Series S was obviously a false economy and a lot of people fell into that trap.

Apr 28, 2024
buy whatever seems cheaper to you (and got your played games..) . As someone who bought both the PS5 & xbox x , there's no significant difference between them. i play at 4k@120 settings (although not all games support this) . i gave the xbox to my sister as microsoft subscription got price hike ( only to find that sony followed after...). insignificant as it may seem i preferred the PS5 due to the controllers...

Mar 27, 2024
the playstation 5 is the worst of its generation in terms of games. Very few first party games, and the few games we have had are sequels and remakes. Currently, you will have to wait until March 2025 to have a first party PlayStation game. In the meantime, there are only third party games or rather disappointing temporary exclusives like rise of the ronin or stellar blade, which even if they benefit from a huge marketinf behind, remain small games: metacrtic of 76 for rise of the ronin and 82 for stellar blade which only works for reasons other than gameplay ;).

Seriously, Xbox has a lot more games, especially thanks to the gamepass which is really a game changer when you go from PlayStation to Xbox, most recently with Star Wars Jedi Survivor for example.

In terms of first party games, it's the same, ok you don't have Spiderman or God of War, old tired licenses that are no longer renewed, but on the other hand you have access to lots of Xbox exclusives like gears, halo, forza horizon, flight sim, starfield, ... and in a few weeks hellblade 2, and after just this year indiana jones, towerborne, avowed, age of mithology. We really don't lose out with more varied games and more freshness in the end.

And I forget the quick resume that I discovered when I moved to Xbox, what a pleasure to be able to play almost instantly when you turn on your console and resume your game in a flash.

For me, this generation was a turning point, PlayStation stopped innovating, stopped creating, fell asleep on its past achievements. For those who are nostalgic for the brand, I understand that they stay with PlayStation but for those who want to move forward, for something new, for creativity, there is no picture, and I really don't regret my choice. Everyone around me who has taken the plunge thinks the same. We are not in these stories of console wars, we are gamers above all and at some point the facts are the facts. I enjoy Xbox more than PlayStation, and for less money too.

Puiucs

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2014
Isn't he the guy who tweeted that "There's no PS5 Pro" several months ago? I guess he bought the Xbox Series X believing that Sony won't release the Pro and now he has to justify his purchase :)

Puiucs

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2014
the playstation 5 is the worst of its generation in terms of games. Very few first party games, and the few games we have had are sequels and remakes. Currently, you will have to wait until March 2025 to have a first party PlayStation game. In the meantime, there are only third party games or rather disappointing temporary exclusives like rise of the ronin or stellar blade, which even if they benefit from a huge marketinf behind, remain small games: metacrtic of 76 for rise of the ronin and 82 for stellar blade which only works for reasons other than gameplay ;).

Seriously, Xbox has a lot more games, especially thanks to the gamepass which is really a game changer when you go from PlayStation to Xbox, most recently with Star Wars Jedi Survivor for example.

In terms of first party games, it's the same, ok you don't have Spiderman or God of War, old tired licenses that are no longer renewed, but on the other hand you have access to lots of Xbox exclusives like gears, halo, forza horizon, flight sim, starfield, ... and in a few weeks hellblade 2, and after just this year indiana jones, towerborne, avowed, age of mithology. We really don't lose out with more varied games and more freshness in the end.

And I forget the quick resume that I discovered when I moved to Xbox, what a pleasure to be able to play almost instantly when you turn on your console and resume your game in a flash.

For me, this generation was a turning point, PlayStation stopped innovating, stopped creating, fell asleep on its past achievements. For those who are nostalgic for the brand, I understand that they stay with PlayStation but for those who want to move forward, for something new, for creativity, there is no picture, and I really don't regret my choice. Everyone around me who has taken the plunge thinks the same. We are not in these stories of console wars, we are gamers above all and at some point the facts are the facts. I enjoy Xbox more than PlayStation, and for less money too.
You seem to be very confused. The PS5 has many games, just because this year doesn't have many first party titles doesn't mean it won't have games.

FYI there were twice as many games released for the PS5 than for the Xbox Series X since this generation launched. It's why it sold so well, especially outside of the US. It's also why Xbox failed to sell and had to heavily push subscriptions (it's literally the only noticeable feature).

"We are not in these stories of console wars" - and yet here you are making the exact same arguments i've seen on twitter by xbox bots. From dissing Spider-man and God of War to praising xbox exclusives (which is funny since you don't also think of them as "old tired licences" considering how old some of them are, like Halo and Forza -> perfect example of double standards), to talking about Xbox variety without actually acknowledging that PS5 has objectively more variety (for example, you will find many more indie games on PS5 than xbox and the main reason is financial, not the ease of publishing).

"we are gamers above all" - Let me tell you what real gamers do: they follow the games. It's why PC is always the first recommendation and then the Switch or PS5. You and your friends are simply the minority and not because you think the console is "better", but simply because you were already invested in the xbox subscription (afterall, it's not a bad deal if you want to save a few $. but you can do the exact same thing on PC too and much better).

tl;dr just buy a half-decent gaming PC. an xbox console brings nothing better to the table.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024
You seem to be very confused. The PS5 has many games, just because this year doesn't have many first party titles doesn't mean it won't have games.

FYI there were twice as many games released for the PS5 than for the Xbox Series X since this generation launched. It's why it sold so well, especially outside of the US. It's also why Xbox failed to sell and had to heavily push subscriptions (it's literally the only noticeable feature).

"We are not in these stories of console wars" - and yet here you are making the exact same arguments i've seen on twitter by xbox bots. From dissing Spider-man and God of War to praising xbox exclusives (which is funny since you don't also think of them as "old tired licences" considering how old some of them are, like Halo and Forza -> perfect example of double standards), to talking about Xbox variety without actually acknowledging that PS5 has objectively more variety (for example, you will find many more indie games on PS5 than xbox and the main reason is financial, not the ease of publishing).

"we are gamers above all" - Let me tell you what real gamers do: they follow the games. It's why PC is always the first recommendation and then the Switch or PS5. You and your friends are simply the minority and not because you think the console is "better", but simply because you were already invested in the xbox subscription (afterall, it's not a bad deal if you want to save a few $. but you can do the exact same thing on PC too and much better).

tl;dr just buy a half-decent gaming PC. an xbox console brings nothing better to the table.

I agree with you in almost everything, i only have the Series X in this generation but i wouldnt say the PS5 is worst or that it has less games than Xbox, to be honest i am kind of surprised about the huge difference in sales in favor of PS5 vs Xbox series X/S i thought it was going to be way closer but its clear the PS5 is the console people prefer.

Now as you said the Xbox subscription is a big reason to have an Xbox console and i think thats why i would recommend the console to different people depending on what they have in mind, if a person in not specially a fan of different Playstation exclusives and want to have a lot to play by spending little money then the Xbox with the Game Pass is a huge deal.

On the other side if a person is more interested in big exclusives and the biggest catalog of games then the obvious choice is the PS5, you will have almost all the games Xbox has and a lot more third party games ( which in the past few months it looks like Xbox is losing some of third party support). So as an Xbox Series X user i have to say i am really happy with the console but its difficult to argue about getting one over the PS5 if we dont take Game Pass into account.

I am thinking of getting a Ps5 to play Spiderman 2, Stelar Blade, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth but now the issue i have is the PS5 Pro, if i buy a PS5 now then maybe in November there will be a Pro in stores and i will feel like i have the older console Lol.

TRENDING THREADS