Not sure what the d option is but please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try to boot the laptop.
- Next is to test the AC adapter and see if it's supplying enough voltage or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If there are lights on the laptop indicating that it's on connect and external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it and if you do press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Display Only then press Enter.
- If that will not solve the problem do reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly into each slot.
- Lastly, try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a display from it or not because if you do that means it's the problem to the display.
- If all these will not work you may need to contact the manufacturer for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.