I have a HP Pavillion G6 and the screen just goes to grey.

cdesmet88

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
It's backlit and works on external screen tho. ????? It comes on and goes off from time to time. Now just grey. ideas?

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do a hard reboot first, remove the battery and unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up and see if it's normal or not.
- Next is to connect an external monitor and see if it will display normal or not.
- If it displays normally on the external monitor that means it's a problem with the built in display.
- If the same problem will persist on the external monitor as well that means it's a problem with the GPU itself and repair is required to fix it.
- Do try a clean install of the graphics driver as well that may help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Check Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything related to your graphics card
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturers site.
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot and if you have the same problem that means there's no other choice but to send it for a repair if its still under the factory warranty.

cdesmet88

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016

cdesmet88

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
When I "shut down" it locks up and shows updating but stays that way for hours. I have a back light on the screen that dims and flickers when plugging it on to an external monitor buy doesn't display on the laptop.

cdesmet88

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016

cdesmet88

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
So I ran troubleshooting and it tells me it's a "driver issue" then tells me there is no driver found for "avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport" WTF I Uninstalled avast. Do I need to do a regclean?

cdesmet88

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016