I have a. Lenovo laptop.When it is plugged in the lap is not chatting .WHY

Solution
It could be the charger, the battery or the charging circuit.

Try charging the device while it is turned off. Not hibernate or sleep but actually powered off. If it will charge while off, but not while on, then it is probably the charger and it will need replacing. Sometimes when they start to go bad they can't put out enough power to both run the device and charge it at the same time, hence only charge when off.

If, however, it won't charge when off or on, then it could be any of the three. In that case I would start with trying another charger, if you know someone who has a similar device or compatible charger.
It could be the charger, the battery or the charging circuit.

Try charging the device while it is turned off. Not hibernate or sleep but actually powered off. If it will charge while off, but not while on, then it is probably the charger and it will need replacing. Sometimes when they start to go bad they can't put out enough power to both run the device and charge it at the same time, hence only charge when off.

If, however, it won't charge when off or on, then it could be any of the three. In that case I would start with trying another charger, if you know someone who has a similar device or compatible charger.

Solution