I have a new iPad2. It asks for my network name. How do I find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Howdy :).

Now that we've gotten the greetings out of the way, I assume you mean the SSID of your wireless router? If you have the manual, look to see what the default SSID name is; otherwise if you have another computer connected to your router, you can login to it (open your web browser and then in the address box type 192.168.1.1 which is the typical router URL, others might be 192.168.0.1, etc). After you have logged on to the router, look for the "wireless setup" link and click on it. That should take you to the page where you can see what the default network name (SSID) is, plus the password security information that you will also need in order to successfully connect to the router.

fazers_on_stun

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006

Howdy :).

Now that we've gotten the greetings out of the way, I assume you mean the SSID of your wireless router? If you have the manual, look to see what the default SSID name is; otherwise if you have another computer connected to your router, you can login to it (open your web browser and then in the address box type 192.168.1.1 which is the typical router URL, others might be 192.168.0.1, etc). After you have logged on to the router, look for the "wireless setup" link and click on it. That should take you to the page where you can see what the default network name (SSID) is, plus the password security information that you will also need in order to successfully connect to the router.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.