I have a Nikon D40 and I know it does not have a live preview but I'd like to adapt it to my PC. Is it possible? Or is there

nkechiagumanu

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
I have a Nikon D40 and I know it does not have a live preview but I'd like to adapt it to my PC. Is it possible? Or is there any other way, attaching a sort of can to it.

Solution
"An EG-D100 video cable (available separately; 103) can be used to connect the camera to a television or VCR for playback or recording."
Page 62 Of the User Manual.
21k0hcW9jLL.jpg

The above is a picture of the cable you will need. If you wish to view on your computer you will need a video card or capture card with a composite input. If you are interested in an external monitor (just make sure it has a composite input) some are small enough to attach via the accessory shoe.
"An EG-D100 video cable (available separately; 103) can be used to connect the camera to a television or VCR for playback or recording."
Page 62 Of the User Manual.
21k0hcW9jLL.jpg

The above is a picture of the cable you will need. If you wish to view on your computer you will need a video card or capture card with a composite input. If you are interested in an external monitor (just make sure it has a composite input) some are small enough to attach via the accessory shoe.

Solution