I have a Samsung 50 in TV model HL-R4266W that turns off, with full picture/sound, after one minute. Initially the screen goes

Vernard_2

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
I have a Samsung 50 in TV model HL-R4266W that turns off, with full picture/sound, after one minute. Initially the screen goes dark with sound continuing for about ten seconds then turns off

Solution
Hello. First and foremost, do not start changing boards for nothing on a tv this old.

There is two issues this could be:
A defective lamp or a defective color wheel. It can also be a fan. I suggest first removing your lamp, and checking for any irregularity, such as fumes, burns, or glass in the lamp itself.

The power supplies have never gone out in the dozens of DLP samsung TV's I've seen.
Hello. First and foremost, do not start changing boards for nothing on a tv this old.

There is two issues this could be:
A defective lamp or a defective color wheel. It can also be a fan. I suggest first removing your lamp, and checking for any irregularity, such as fumes, burns, or glass in the lamp itself.

The power supplies have never gone out in the dozens of DLP samsung TV's I've seen.

Solution