I have an adapter from my Laptop to the TV. The laptop shows a connection but my TV doesn't.

Solution
Can you please elaborate on the systems and connection you are using?

Particularly the operating system, TV brand, and connection you are using, if you would.

To save some time, I will *assume* you are running a laptop with Windows 10 to a modern, mainstream TV manufacturer, using an HDMI cable.
If you are not seeing it, usually you will have to do two things:

1. Check that the TV is set to the correct input. Many new TV's will have several HDMI channels, so you may have to switch around and see. Make sure your laptop is awake, so that it *should* put out an image; this will make sure you don't miss the channel on the TV.

2. On the laptop, try doing <windows key> + P. This will open the projection menu. Is it offering you any...

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
Can you please elaborate on the systems and connection you are using?

Particularly the operating system, TV brand, and connection you are using, if you would.

To save some time, I will *assume* you are running a laptop with Windows 10 to a modern, mainstream TV manufacturer, using an HDMI cable.
If you are not seeing it, usually you will have to do two things:

1. Check that the TV is set to the correct input. Many new TV's will have several HDMI channels, so you may have to switch around and see. Make sure your laptop is awake, so that it *should* put out an image; this will make sure you don't miss the channel on the TV.

2. On the laptop, try doing <windows key> + P. This will open the projection menu. Is it offering you any options? If it does, select as appropriate and output should appear on the TV, provided the above is also correct. If it does not show, try updating your graphics drivers, and if it still doesn't show, it is possible the cable is bad.

Another thing to try, depending on if you have a iGPU (typically shown as Intel HD Graphics or AMD Radeon) is right click an empty spot on your desktop and select NVidia, Intel, AMD, etc. as they appear in the menu. From there there is usually a menu for multiple displays. Go into it, and see if the other display is even detected. IF it is, select it and follow the onscreen prompts in order to establish the connection.

Solution