I have an admin account and I can't download steam and blender can you help

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012

Can you give the specific text you see, or a screenshot [this can be obtained using the Print Scr key and pasting the result into Microsoft Paint or alternatively using the built-in "Snipping Tool"]? Are you not able to download the installers from their respective sites, or are you having problems during the installation process?

Administrative access is not usually required to download the installation files; it is however often needed to actually install them.

Ensure as well that you are getting them from these pages:
https://www.blender.org/download/
https://store.steampowered.com

Additionally, try accessing these websites in your browser's private mode or in a different browser.

Please be careful in using the terms "download" and "install". They are different things, and using them interchangeably stands to confuse the issue quite a bit.

To download something is to go on the internet and pull down the data for a file, such as an installation file (steam.msi, for instance).

To install something is to run an installation program and make modifications to your local system.

mikbone10

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017

It's me not getting from the sites

mikbone10

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017

I did vist the website but it made a sound saying no no when getting it

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012

Well, what's it doing when it denies you? Just making an unhappy sound?

You need to elaborate on what's happening more, because we can't help if not. Are you getting text showing saying you can't do it? Have you tried downloading it in other browsers?

If your PC is beeping and saying no, literally the worst you'll manage for yourself is it beeps at you again. Just make sure you're getting clean downloads via the links I posted for you.

mikbone10

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017

Yes makes a fussy sound

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012

And.... regarding my other questions? We can put in the effort to help you, but please try addressing things specifically and in clear sentences so we can know definitively what you have done, what the issue is, and which suggestions have been considered and followed up on.