I have an older TV. A YELLOW plug on top with two RED and two WHITE below it. My VCR has a yellow and a white plug. I have the

Solution
The VCR is mono so it has yellow for composite video and white for audio. On many TVs that don't have a separate composite input there is in the input menu a way to select composite for the component video input. Yellow goes to yellow or green. The single white cable can be connected to the white RCA jack but you will only get sound out of the left speaker so a y connector with a single female RCA at one end and two male RCA plugs at the other take care of this.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
So whats the problem?
Yellow is Video, Red and White are audio, left and right channels.
Your TV probably has component in on the back or sides, does it not have composite as well (Yellow, red and white?)
What model TV?

The VCR is mono so it has yellow for composite video and white for audio. On many TVs that don't have a separate composite input there is in the input menu a way to select composite for the component video input. Yellow goes to yellow or green. The single white cable can be connected to the white RCA jack but you will only get sound out of the left speaker so a y connector with a single female RCA at one end and two male RCA plugs at the other take care of this.

Solution