I have enough money for the Sims 3 on my laptop. Most people say that it works better on a desk top but i can't afford that no

gracej91

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015
Hello! Sorry to bother you because you probably have better things to do then answer my stupid question. Any way I want to get the Sims 3 on my lap top, but it does not have a CD player. I want to get the expansion and stuff packs on amazon. It gives me the option if i want to download it. Would it still charge me or would it give my laptop a virus? Mt laptop is a pink HP from Walmart. I know it works better on desk tops, but i can't afford that right now. It would be really helpful if you could help me, if not, then i have someone I know I can ask. Please and thank you.
P.S. can my laptop handle it?

Chances are very good that "a pink laptop form WalMart" will not run SIMS 3 very well, but we'd need the exact model you have to know for sure. Although it's not a very demanding game, SIMS 3 does eat up quite a bit of CPU power, cheap laptops will not run it well, it will be pretty jerky.

You can download it with no issues from Amazon, and yes it will charge you, that download is not free, it's just another option of how to get the file.

Running it on a desktop vs a laptop does not matter much as there are laptops that are faster than desktops. It all depends on what the hardware is in the computers.

Don't worry about asking questions, the members that reply to posts are here to help out, it's not like we were just walking around the house cleaning and someone shoved a computer in our faces and made us logon and reply to posts :)

I am going to guess that it is a HP Stream 11 or 13 laptop. It is a rather weak laptop which might allow you to play the Sims 3at a resolution of 800x600. The HP Stream also has very limited storage of 32GB; Windows probably takes about 22GB of the space leaving you with only 10GB. That will likely be enough to install the Sims 3, but not any of the expansions. You will need to purchase a MicroSD card to expand its storage capacity to be able to install the expansions.