I have memorycard and it dont work

Sandra_63

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
I have inserted my memory card in my Jr Samsung and it dont work!! Put it in how it should be put in but nothing came up so I can have a bigger memory

Solution
If it went in and didn't give you any kind of error message, it worked. Inserting a SD card doesn't increase your "Internal" phone memory, it just gives you "External" memory.

"Internal" memory is needed for apps and the phones OS. "External" memory can be used for photos, music, videos, contacts, etc.

If you are trying to add more "Internal" memory so you can run more apps, well an SD card may or may not help you there. For that to work you need 2 things. 1. Your phone has to be running, or upgradable to, Android "Marshmallow" and 2. The manufacturer has to have not restricted that ability on the device. Which does happen. If you are running, or can upgrade to, "Marshmallow", then try the following.

How to turn external SD card...
If it went in and didn't give you any kind of error message, it worked. Inserting a SD card doesn't increase your "Internal" phone memory, it just gives you "External" memory.

"Internal" memory is needed for apps and the phones OS. "External" memory can be used for photos, music, videos, contacts, etc.

If you are trying to add more "Internal" memory so you can run more apps, well an SD card may or may not help you there. For that to work you need 2 things. 1. Your phone has to be running, or upgradable to, Android "Marshmallow" and 2. The manufacturer has to have not restricted that ability on the device. Which does happen. If you are running, or can upgrade to, "Marshmallow", then try the following.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution

Hafiz Tronics

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
Go to settings storage and see if it says mount SD card?? If so release the SD card then push it back in and press mount if it didn't do it already and if not you mite have a burnt SD card it can happen if you rooted and tweaked the SD speed there set there for a reason. I hope we were of help