I have picture but no sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janine_3

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
I hooked up my DVD player, and I have picture though no sound. I've tried audio with my tv settings, and I've tried the audio settings on my DVD player. What am I missing here? I have a element flat screen tv, and a sonny tv. Someone help me???

Thank you

Solution
How is it connected.

If you used analog Composite (Yellow/Red/White) Please ensure they are ALL on the same input

If it is analog Component (Green/Blue/Red + Red/White) Make sure all 5 connectors are in the right place(do not mix up the REDs). Again ensure they are all on the same input.

If you are connected via HDMI. Some older players or TVs may still require an analog red/white or 3.5mm TRS audio connection.

A picture of your connections may help us as well.

nukemaster

Distinguished
How is it connected.

If you used analog Composite (Yellow/Red/White) Please ensure they are ALL on the same input

If it is analog Component (Green/Blue/Red + Red/White) Make sure all 5 connectors are in the right place(do not mix up the REDs). Again ensure they are all on the same input.

If you are connected via HDMI. Some older players or TVs may still require an analog red/white or 3.5mm TRS audio connection.

A picture of your connections may help us as well.

Solution
if you used a good hdmi cable that 1.4 or higher in rev there should be sound from the tv. make sure audio in the set up set to hdmi if your using one cable. if your using coxal cable make sure your using right and left audio in on tv some tv not have analong audio in.

Janine_3

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016

I have sound with the tv on wihen I use my roku, but it's when I use DVD player I have no sound. Though when I play red, yellow and white connections I lose signal on my tv

Janine_3

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016

It's weird with my tv I have red; yellow and white to hook up DVD player to tv. Though when I hook up the tv to the DVD player the tv part has red blue green white and another red. When I hook it up i put the red to red white to green and yellow to blue. I had to play with last night to get signal, and then this morning I put the red to red; white to green and yellow to blue, and I got signal with picture, but no sound.

Hope this makes more sense

nukemaster

Distinguished
Can you please list the TV model(or an picture of the connection. I may be able to get a better idea that way too). Many have switched(I have seen Sony and LG do this) to combining Composite and Component and allowing selection from within the TV menu.

nukemaster

Distinguished
The manual indicates Y is shared with composite video in.

I just added color to help ensure the right cables are used.
ELEFW195.png

In a message from Janine_3 said that has fixed it up.

All users should avoid using the PM system for such questions as it will not help others with similar issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.