Question I have two Roku remotes. One controls the volume, and on/off. The other controls the channels. Is there a way I can get one remote to do both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2023
I have two Roku 4k remotes after upgrading a couple of days ago. The weird thing is the original remote controls the on/off and volume. The other remote now controls the channels. How can I get one remote to do the job of the two?

Tepid Mess

Prominent
Sep 22, 2022
More information might be needed. What did you upgrade? The remotes? A Roku device? A Roku TV?

It sounds like neither remote is/was paired correctly. Maybe just pick one remote and pair it from scratch?

rocwoof

Honorable
May 27, 2017
I have opposite problem: WiFi Remote for Ultra 4K, and another "simple" remote with Premiere Streaming Media Player. It seems that both remotes use the same infrared signaling (Ultra's undocumented?), and I have to point the Premiere "down" for the lower TV to keep the upper TV with the Ultra from getting the signal even though I have it set to use the WiFi for remote commands, and I can point that one anywhere BUT towards the Premiere.
Is there no unique pairing for both IR receivers, or at least a way to disable it on the Ultra's remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.