Review I hiked 35 miles in Scarpa's Rush 2 Mid GTX — and they’re the most comfortable waterproof hiking boots I’ve ever worn

Jul 4, 2024
They're quite nice looking. Comfort and that sneaker-feel while providing necessary (read: rational) ankle support for any real hiking are really important to me and it seems these deliver based on your review.

My Merrill Moab's (from like 10 years ago) are still holding up very well, though they are becoming a bit long-in-the-tooth. The've been with me for probably about 1000 miles of fairly rugged terrain (Mostly hiking The Palisades Park (my backyard) and Delaware Water Gap (only "real" mountains around me), but also various parts of the Rockies) in their lives. Plenty of smaller trails and less intense hikes, too. Old, they still grip well enough though particularly given that they weren't that expensive (~$90 at the time, I think ~$120 new currently)

With the Scarpas you reviewed, I like the big squishy heal too as a self-admitted sneaker-pimp (not really... - but I do quite like it, still). This is definitely my favorite of the men's colors. The overall design is quite Italian and as one who just happens to like a lot of the Italian shoe designs (usually referring to sneakers here) these are pretty sexy boots.

Perhaps for next spring I'll upgrade particularly if I can find these bad boys on discount.