I insert my headphones but the sound comes from both my computer and the headphones and when I open the playback I have only s

Aug 3, 2018
I insert my headphones but the sound comes from both my computer and the headphones and when I open the playback I have only speaker option no headphones
So I can’t set it as a default
How can I fix it??

If the sound is already coming through the headphones, then having only the speakers showing in "Control Panel", "Sound", "Playback" tab is OK. Try this..

First make sure the headphones are plugged in. Then...

Go back in there and on white area of that screen/tap right click and make sure both disabled and disconnected are checked. This may or may not allow the headphones to show. Once you have done this, no matter if they show or not, you should be able to right click on the speakers and then select "Disable". Then try playing the sound. It should come out of the headphones only. Then unplug the headphones and it should come out of the speaker again.

Aug 3, 2018

Nope didn’t work but thank you

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 4
H Laptop Tech Support 7
I Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 12
H Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Laptop won't work with battery inserted.
Question "Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed, Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key"
Question HELP..Laptop battery light Off and a few sparks when cord inserted (dropped 1 year ago)
It won't let me out of reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key
Insert boot device and press any key
Solved! Trying to insert @ symbol
Solved! I was watching Netflix there’s black screen came on my computer said no bootable devise insert boot disk and press any key
It won't let me out of reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key
Hi my lenovo says Default boot device missing or boot failed. Insert recovery media and hit any key. Then select boot manager
I have a tosiba satellite notebook it says insert media key nothing will restart it can it be fixed
Power-off Retract Count increases with every restart after inserting HDD into CADDY
can't open windows after inserting battery
I just bought a pc & it has no disk drive or boot disk. It says "Terifying DMI pool data, risk boot failure, insert system dis
The message on my computer says default boot device is missing or boot failed insert recovery media and hit any key then selec
My pc crashed and says insert boot disk and now screen has gone blank
When i am turning on my acer NE4RS mouse isn't appearing and i am not able to click to insert my password
My toshiba tecra m1 is saying insert system disk in drive what does that mean?
No bootable device insert boot device shows when I turn it on Toshiba satellite c655d
When i inserted new battery the charging light started blinking even without connecting the charger. Why ?
Media test failure check cable no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key

ASK THE COMMUNITY