I just bought an air fryer — don't make the same mistake I did

Jun 20, 2022
I'd suggest that this senior editor read the instructions of the products he reviews. The bottom DOES slide out for easy cleaning. Just grab the bottom beneath the glass door and pull. With respect to cleaning, the issue is the same with any oven or appliance that reaches a high temperature. With the Cuisinart as needed I just take the wire rack, the drip tray, and the bottom tray out, spray them with Easy Off, and let the Easy Off sit for ten minutes. Voila, like new.

Jun 20, 2022
We have used this exact fryer for years. Wings, pork chops, turnovers, etc. No problem.
For cleanup we run a little water in the kitchen sink and drop the parts into it for a while, then a kitchen sink brush is used to remove anything still sticking on. It is not rocket science.
We always grab a paper towel and wipe out the inside. Again, simple and easy.
I think the author makes a mountain out of a mole hill.

Reactions: lance_rl

Adrienne Boswell

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2014
I have had a 12.7-quart GoWise rotisserie roaster air fryer for two years. It's a similar type. I use parchment paper that I poke holes in with a toothpick for things I think might stick to the rack. Even when things do stick, it's simply a matter of putting the rack and/or bottom tray in hot water and soap to soak for a few minutes then washing it with a kitchen brush.

Mine has a drum that can hold food to rotate. I was stupid and forgot to soak raw fries in water before cooking them. Even with a ton of seasoned starch gunk all over the drum, it still wasn't that bad and my fries were perfect

Besides, you can't fit an 8-inch casserole in a basket style air fryer. I love being able to cook a casserole in the blazing heat of summer without turning my kitchen into an inferno.

Jun 21, 2022
I am not convinced the author actually wanted to write an honest review on this device. Echoing the other comments, the Cuisinart air fryer is fantastic and clean up simply takes a little extra thought. The review is simply quite wrong. The crumbs inside are easily dispatched by sliding the tray out for a quick wipe down over the sink (the same as every other toaster oven I've owned, not really a mystery feature). The cook trays clean up fine after a bit of a soak, the gripe is actually confusing. Buy the Cuisinart and revel in the ability to cook so many ways with one little device.

henrytcasey

Senior Writer
Herald
May 1, 2015
I'd suggest that this senior editor read the instructions of the products he reviews. The bottom DOES slide out for easy cleaning. Just grab the bottom beneath the glass door and pull. With respect to cleaning, the issue is the same with any oven or appliance that reaches a high temperature. With the Cuisinart as needed I just take the wire rack, the drip tray, and the bottom tray out, spray them with Easy Off, and let the Easy Off sit for ten minutes. Voila, like new.
re: the tray (which I didn't notice)
Holy moly! You're right! Updating the story now. I wish that had been more visually obvious!
Thank you!

Also, I'll look into Easy Off!

henrytcasey

Senior Writer
Herald
May 1, 2015
I am not convinced the author actually wanted to write an honest review on this device. Echoing the other comments, the Cuisinart air fryer is fantastic and clean up simply takes a little extra thought. The review is simply quite wrong. The crumbs inside are easily dispatched by sliding the tray out for a quick wipe down over the sink (the same as every other toaster oven I've owned, not really a mystery feature). The cook trays clean up fine after a bit of a soak, the gripe is actually confusing. Buy the Cuisinart and revel in the ability to cook so many ways with one little device.
As noted above, I had no idea that the tray was removable because there wasn't any visual cue to it. I've now learned it and will update the story. The wire-basket though is just maddening. I'm going to look into EasyOff, though!

henrytcasey

Senior Writer
Herald
May 1, 2015
We have used this exact fryer for years. Wings, pork chops, turnovers, etc. No problem.
For cleanup we run a little water in the kitchen sink and drop the parts into it for a while, then a kitchen sink brush is used to remove anything still sticking on. It is not rocket science.
We always grab a paper towel and wipe out the inside. Again, simple and easy.
I think the author makes a mountain out of a mole hill.
I'm wishing y'all had written the manual for this and not cuisinart!

Jun 25, 2022
I think the editor also needs to consider that just returning products to Amazon is encouraging waste and further landfill . Amazon has an agreement % with supplier that they charge back to the supplier. That allows them to just trash any returned products to landfill . We can’t continue to have a disposable attitude to goods we purchase if we want to protect our environment

Jun 25, 2022
I use the Ninja Foodie XL and it is much preferable to my mom's Cosori. It has a bunch of extra functions, holds more, cooks more evenly, and, in my experience, smokes less. For clean up we a) cover the drip tray with tinfoil/parchment paper* b) use a scrub brush that holds dishwashing soap to easily get between the holes in the grate tray. Absolute worst case, we soak the grate tray while we eat, but that's only for bacon grease. These easy tips that are all over Internet air fryer articles. Anyway, I hope you come to enjoy yours better.

*Unless your food is extremely greasy, a tinfoil covering last quite a few cooking sessions!