News I just gave up on PS5 restocks — and I feel fine

Jan 23, 2021
Same here. I ended up going with the stadia to get cyberpunk, don't feel the need to get a ps5 now until the new horizon is out

Jan 23, 2021
Same! You hit every single point of why I gave up too. It's just lost it's appeal through all of the difficulty in finding one. Scalpers have used bots to steal from the actual gamers like myself. Sony doesn't seem to care because they've already made their money selling to the distributors like Walmart. I read one article early on that said of the 240,000 units to hit the first American soil that something like only 60,000 of those units were actually being played! I can't imagine if you were a game developer what you would be thinking that for 2021 you've developed an incredible game like the new God Of War: Ragnarok that you'd even still be thinking to only release it to the new platform, like they did when it came out on PS4, if they don't release it for both they're going to lose all the appeal there in the graphics of the game and lots of money/fans. I don't know, I'm pretty chapped that here we are about to enter February and there's been no let up in sight from Sony as to how they're going to handle this for their demographic. For now I'm happy on my PS4 Pro, and don't plan to buy a PS5 until possibly Summer if it's let up after this Spring. First world problems, I know, but it's sad that the gaming entertainment has come to this for the real lovers who've been playing life long such as me and many others.

Jan 25, 2021
I needed this article. I was one of those watching every tweet, looking at youtube videos, and it’s has led to disappointment after disappointment with trying to get a PS5. I am more mad at myself than anything spending a lot of time to get one. Now, I’m like forget it. Sony ain‘t concerned at all with adhering to demand. So, to hell with it. I’m good with my PS4 and Switch until I can walk into Best Buy and pick up one. Whether it’s this summer or next, I’m done trying to camp out online in hopes of getting one. And I’m not desperate at all to pay over and beyond the price in stores to put more money in a scalper‘s pocket. So, thank you for this article.