I keep on settings my default storage to the sd card but it still doesn't work

Evident warrior

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
I open my settings I go to storage then I click on apps I tap on an app but instead of showing move to SD card it keeps on showing move to USB storage even when I set my SD card as my default storage it still doesn't work, so I tried setting my SD card as my default storage then I turn my tablet off then I switch it on but for some reason it still doesn't work!and that's not the worst of it the most painfull part is my SD card has 64g of storage and I can't use it for any thing! Please help me!

Solution
Well what version of Android are you running? I ask because versions before "Marshmallow" don't allow for making the SD card "Internal" storage, instead of "External" storage, and that is what it needs to be for it to allow running apps from the card.

If you are running "Marshmallow" and have turned the SD card to "Internal" storage, then the only other reason it would not work is if the manufacturer has restricted this option on that device. Which does happen.

Now, if you aren't running "Marshmallow" then another option is to store other files on the card. Like photos, music, videos, etc. They also take up a huge amount of space, and would free up room on the devices "Internal" storage.
Well what version of Android are you running? I ask because versions before "Marshmallow" don't allow for making the SD card "Internal" storage, instead of "External" storage, and that is what it needs to be for it to allow running apps from the card.

If you are running "Marshmallow" and have turned the SD card to "Internal" storage, then the only other reason it would not work is if the manufacturer has restricted this option on that device. Which does happen.

Now, if you aren't running "Marshmallow" then another option is to store other files on the card. Like photos, music, videos, etc. They also take up a huge amount of space, and would free up room on the devices "Internal" storage.

Solution