I m trying to install my graphic driver for nvidia 920m but the installer says nvidia cannot find compatible hardware.how to f

Solution
Because a laptop often uses a hybrid solution or a combination of a Intel video solution for most 2d display features.
And a mini Pci-e based mobile 3D graphics card solution such as the 920m Nvidia Gpu.

You cannot download and use the drivers in some cases provided from the Nvidia latest download driver section.

Instead you have to go to the bran maker of the laptop, with the model number of that laptop in question.
And download and install the drivers provided on there support site for drivers for your model of laptop to get the 920M chip set to be detected and the driver to install Sam.

Shaun o

Distinguished
Because a laptop often uses a hybrid solution or a combination of a Intel video solution for most 2d display features.
And a mini Pci-e based mobile 3D graphics card solution such as the 920m Nvidia Gpu.

You cannot download and use the drivers in some cases provided from the Nvidia latest download driver section.

Instead you have to go to the bran maker of the laptop, with the model number of that laptop in question.
And download and install the drivers provided on there support site for drivers for your model of laptop to get the 920M chip set to be detected and the driver to install Sam.

Solution

Sambyalrohit

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
I have downloaded the drivers from makers site too but it still says that installer cannot detect compaible hardware.....and also the graphic card is listed as '3d video controller' in other devices section....there is also another unknown device listed in here.....plz help to fix this