I may have a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Hello all,
To start off, I'd like to inform you that I'm actually still calm and collected. I'm aware that freaking out will not help my situation. That and I'm not really worried about this, because a .txt file can't do much on its own, can it?

Anyways, I was browsing through my AppData folder and I found something that looks kind of suspicious. I browse my Program Files, Program Data and AppData folders every time I uninstall something, just to make sure it's gone. Anyways, it's C:\Users\weber\AppData\Roaming\No Company Name\No Client Name\No Client Internal Version\Trace Database.txt

It's just, that folder structure and file name seem suspicious to me... I've done a full scan with MalwareBytes Anti Malware and Avast Free Antivirus, both of which found nothing. Well that's not entirely true, MalwareBytes identified a browser hijack, but I'm not sure that that's related at all.

Thanks to all that respond.

-Darren

PS - I'd like to apologize for doing such a horrible job of keeping up with threads on the forum today. I don't usually work for more than two hours on Sundays, but I spent most of today trying to figure out how to liquid cool a client's computer and I just didn't have the time to be online all day.

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015

Well I wasn't really all that worried about it. It seemed pretty harmless to me, but antivirus is not my niche so I figured I'd gather some opinions.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

We were worried.....

:D

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015

I'll quote my ex-girlfriend... "OMG THERE'S A SPIDER IN MY BEDROOM!" My brother tells her "Don't worry, the spider is smaller than you" and I say "Yeah, so is a hand grenade."

That's not the reason we broke up... I just wasn't serious enough about our relationship so I broke it up before she could get hurt.

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
I'll probably do that on Wednesday... Tomorrow's appointments have a rather high sense of urgency. I have this one guy that called in saying he runs a small business and keeps logs on his computer, well now it won't turn on. IDK why, but the people who call on the weekends are the ones that need help the fastest it seems like.

Status
Not open for further replies.