I may never play on PC again now that my favorite shooter is on PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2024
A PC does everything your console does, but better.
Wireless controller? Yes.
Couch gaming? Yes.
Better graphics and higher framerates? Yes
Online play? Yes. For FREE.
Cheaper games.
This is so STUPID!

Looming Dementia

Prominent
Jun 18, 2023
I remember when this website was ran by intelligent editors and consumers alike.

Handicapping yourself when you have a fully capable PC is the most braindead take I've read this week.
No kidding. The first paragraph of the article is idiotic:

"I am a console gamer by nature. My preference is to play in my living room with a controller ..."

THAT'S HOW I PLAY GAMES ON MY PC!

Or at least that's how I play a few games on my PC. Most games are better with m&k. I have one of those rolling tray tables meant for use with medical beds. It makes a great m&k solution for my reclining sofa, when I want to play on the big screen with surround sound.

If I'm playing Elden Ring or something similar, I use the controller hooked up to my PC. Elden Ring is much better with a controller.

If my wife wants the big screen for her laptop or our PS5, I throw the video and audio over to the monitor and speakers I have set up at a desk in the converted dining room. I have a separate set of input devices at the desk.

For that matter, this is a worthless distinction to make these days, from the opposite direction. I have a mouse and keyboard plugged into my PS5. Do you have any idea how many games on console support m&k? It's a huge percentage. I don't know what's wrong with people that more don't plug in a set and go.

Hell, which controller do I use on my PC? One of my PS5 controllers. They're natively supported by every game I've wanted to use a controller for. The lines are blurring, folks. Every argument in this article is stupid.

Reactions: jayarebee1
Aug 5, 2024
No kidding. The first paragraph of the article is idiotic:

"I am a console gamer by nature. My preference is to play in my living room with a controller ..."

THAT'S HOW I PLAY GAMES ON MY PC!

Or at least that's how I play a few games on my PC. Most games are better with m&k. I have one of those rolling tray tables meant for use with medical beds. It makes a great m&k solution for my reclining sofa, when I want to play on the big screen with surround sound.

If I'm playing Elden Ring or something similar, I use the controller hooked up to my PC. Elden Ring is much better with a controller.

If my wife wants the big screen for her laptop or our PS5, I throw the video and audio over to the monitor and speakers I have set up at a desk in the converted dining room. I have a separate set of input devices at the desk.

For that matter, this is a worthless distinction to make these days, from the opposite direction. I have a mouse and keyboard plugged into my PS5. Do you have any idea how many games on console support m&k? It's a huge percentage. I don't know what's wrong with people that more don't plug in a set and go.

Hell, which controller do I use on my PC? One of my PS5 controllers. They're natively supported by every game I've wanted to use a controller for. The lines are blurring, folks. Every argument in this article is stupid.
Lol like many I just have to comment on how hilarious this article is and you pinpointed it.

I guess someone had to give their nephew a job @ Toms bc that was the worst article i have seen in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.