I might ditch my Roku for an Apple TV 4K — and it’s all thanks to video ads

Feb 1, 2024
Yes, also waiting to see the level of obnoxiousness coming with the ads. I wish they would offer a higher-price "ad-free" device but they won't. The recurring revenue from ongoing ads will always be more than a onetime fee can match. We will never be free from &!? $#& ads...

May 2, 2024
I had an Apple TV hooked up to my amplifier that I never used. I was shocked to see it was one of the biggest users of bandwidth in my house! It is now sitting there unplugged

purposelycryptic

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Any Android TV device using a non-default launcher has no ads whatsoever, and you can just download one off the Play Store.

That's what I did when my Shield TVs received the Google TV-like UI update, and what I did for my parents on their Chromecast w/ Google TV.

If I pay for something, I'm not going to accept any kind of advertising on it. I paid for it, I'm not going to keep paying for it for all eternity by looking at ads.

If there is no option for no ads, then you won't get a cent of my money. I wouldn't accept ads if they were actively, continuously paying me for seeing them.

TRENDING THREADS