I need a laptop for light gaming, video editing and streaming.

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
1. What is your budget? $500- $600

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Mostly a desktop replacement, but I want to be able to have it sitting on my lap without crushing my legs too.

5. How much battery life do you need? 4- 5 hrs

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes. CS: GO, Minecraft, Dota 2, LoL, Garry's Mod, Half life series etc.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Video editing, programming, streaming (I will be using my Elgato Game Capture HD to record console games and my other computer's gameplay).

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1tb if possible

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3- 4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM/Writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Don't care

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I need a laptop so that when I travel I have something besides my iPod. I already have a desktop so that is out of the question, but it isn't powerful enough to record game play on it (it only has an i5).

Solution
You are not going to find a laptop with a 1080p screen in your price range. Refurbished laptops with that resolution screen typically starts at $700 or so. A 17.3" laptop with a 1600x900 resolution screen is within your budget.

With such a low budget you will need to buy a laptop with integrated graphics. To cut to the chase the best laptop I can recommend is actually a little over your budget.

17.3" HP Pavilion 17-e100 17-e188nr for $644. It has a red case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834258929

Typically, the larger the laptop, the shorter the battery life. I think at best you will get about 3.5 to 4 hours with this laptop.
You are not going to find a laptop with a 1080p screen in your price range. Refurbished laptops with that resolution screen typically starts at $700 or so. A 17.3" laptop with a 1600x900 resolution screen is within your budget.

With such a low budget you will need to buy a laptop with integrated graphics. To cut to the chase the best laptop I can recommend is actually a little over your budget.

17.3" HP Pavilion 17-e100 17-e188nr for $644. It has a red case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834258929

Typically, the larger the laptop, the shorter the battery life. I think at best you will get about 3.5 to 4 hours with this laptop.

Solution

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

Do you know how many USB ports are on it? I need around 4.