I need help finding a laptop and a desktop?

budmonster

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
I've had some bad luck of the last few months. My HP Pavilion m6-1035dx crashed, the hdd needs replaced, I can't even turn it on, within a minutes if freezes or shuts off. My desktop is just old, loud and just needs replaced.

So I'm looking for a new desktop computer and a laptop. I'd like keep both under $700 each is that's possible. I'm able to buy from TigerDirect, Newegg and Amazon (I can use their credit cards lol).

- For the laptop, I'd like the screen to be Full HD, backlit keyboard if possible, Win 7, 8GB+ memory, HDMI port, card reader, 750GB+ hdd and a decent graphics card. I'd like to play some of the high end games if possibles, will use Photoshop on it, etc. Just a lot of multitasking going on. The laptop can be from any of those 3 sites I listed above.

- Desktop, I was hoping to build it myself. I never built one before and I've heard it could save me a lot of money? I know PCPartPicker.com can help out with choosing parts from Tiger, Newegg and Amazon. Maybe someone can help me with that and pick me desktop within my budget. Anyways, I'm looking for a desktop that can handle gaming as well, multimedia software like Photoshop and so on. I'd like to have a 1TB hdd at least, HDMI port, card reader, Win 7, 8GB+ memory, DVD burner (BR burner if possible).

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving. - Bud