I need help with new anti-virus

MrChristmas

Estimable
Mar 4, 2014
Hello community,

I'm looking to buy new anti-virus because my McAffe subscription ended this month. I don't want to renew it altogether I didn't have any problems with it but It was annoying for me that I didn't have a option to disable what files it shouldn't scan, like I downloaded files which I knew that had viruses with it, because they used connections and stuff and McAffe just keep deleting them.

I also want a anti-virus which won't affect my computer performance much.

Current spec:
i7 4770k
gtx 770 2gb
8gb ram
2tb hard drive (533gb left)

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Nice name BTW for this time of year, heh! Anyway, you cannot go wrong with Bit Defender. I am using Kaspersky now and have been using it for years, but they seem to have bloated it up a little on hardware resources (only a problem with my older 2GB RAM laptop). It still runs fine though on my 8-16GB RAM PCs and laptops. Everything I have read about Bit Defender is nothing but good, and it's actually less expensive than Kaspersky and less on resources.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Nice name BTW for this time of year, heh! Anyway, you cannot go wrong with Bit Defender. I am using Kaspersky now and have been using it for years, but they seem to have bloated it up a little on hardware resources (only a problem with my older 2GB RAM laptop). It still runs fine though on my 8-16GB RAM PCs and laptops. Everything I have read about Bit Defender is nothing but good, and it's actually less expensive than Kaspersky and less on resources.

Solution

littleleo

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I'm not sure how many Anti Viruses Tom's looked at, on their motherboard test they only checked what they got sent to test. If your going to look at a test results I would recommend and independent lab that covers most if not all out there.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

https://www.av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/check-2015-self-protection-of-antivirus-software/

fluffa

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
nope none at all, it just sits there and does it thing :) doesn't affect any games or anything. only time my attention is gotten is when it tell me something dodgy with a web or file that's incoming etc

exroofer

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Yep, have used Avast Free version for years, can recommend it from personal experience.
Firefox, Adblock plus and Noscript, Avast, firewall, good to go.
All free.`````````````````

TRENDING THREADS