I need some help/advice/assistance with my laptop.

MrPsYcHoVaMp

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
Ever since my household ended up getting a new ISP, my laptop has had issues loading web pages. I'm connected to the internet, my web browsers load up, but will not load web pages. My firewall settings are good, and some internet based apps will not load as well. Help?!

aheuer6

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
Try visiting speedtest.net and running their free analysis. If the results are low, it's likely an issue with your ISP
Do you have problems connecting to the internet with other computers in your household? If not, then there is likely an underlying problem with your laptop.

MrPsYcHoVaMp

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
We have 3 smart phones, two laptops(including mine), and 2 Xbox ones. Every other one connects and runs just fine. My laptop is the only one with the issue. I would try that, but, my browsers won't load any pages. I tried loading a page 20 minutes ago, and let it sit to see if it would eventually load, but nothing.

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
What bandwidth are you getting? As suggested.. do that speedtest. If you hang a lot of streaming, and downloading..., and online games within your abode....stuff will slow down. If you're paying too much for what you expect...phone them and ask for what they advertise.

But before you do all that....How old is your laptop? You most probably use yours more in general, so it stands that something will go wrong with it quicker.

Have you noticed a pattern of it slowing down with certain things? If so....just get it backed up, then reformat it/factory restore. Give it a new lease of life....and whatever you do...buy an official battery for it. It might be going into low power settings or something also. Check that out.

MrPsYcHoVaMp

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
I don't know exactly how old it is, as I bought it used about 6 months ago. Before this was happening, I was on it once or twice a week. Nothing else within the house hold goes this slow. The other laptop works just fine. The game systems work just fine. I noticed when I lau chef spotify, that it said I was not connected to the internet, and my network says I am.

aheuer6

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
Does the laptop struggle running other programs as well, or is it just that webpages don't load?

If it struggles with programs other than just web browsing, definitely do what Neur0nauT suggested, and backup files before reformatting