I need urgent help! AI Suite 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacw

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
Hey, I recently updated my system and was in the process of installing all of my drivers/ utilities etc. I got to the AI suite 3 installer and I was half way through the installation when my power shut off interrupting the installation.

One component was installed, so I searched in the control panel and there is no AI SUITE or any related programs. I proceeded to download the ASUS ai suite removal tool, and when it comes up with "Clean" button it does nothing. I even tried to do this in safe mode.

I have run CC cleaner to clean out registry issues, and attempted uninstall using revo uninstaller.

I have deleted manually all of the associated files like "ASUS" from c/ program files etc and I have used ms.config to see if it appeared in start up items.

I then followed steps to delete it from the system registry but it does not appear.

Normally this wouldn't bug me but I just literally installed this new operating system and have spent the last two days updating it and porting files over etc. I looked at my last restore point and that was yesterday morning so thats not an option.

When i try to instal ai suite 3 it comes up with this error message:

"Warning" "You must reboot this system to complete a previous installation. after rebooting run the setup program again"

I obviously have tried to do this which accomplishes nothing, and I have spent the last 3 hours sifting through countless forums and I can't find anything.

If anybody could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

cheers,

Zac

Solution
Usually when critical software like this are half installed there is always a lot of garbage left. If I were you I'd do the following. First simply see if you have ai suite in Programs and Devices (you shouldn't) then remove folder that Ai was installing in to, then go to registry and search for AI SUITE or ASUS and try to see if you can remove anything that have to do with AI Suite, and may be some auto uninstaller tools for AI is available. Between actual files in file explorer and registry I think you should be good to go. If nothing works ASUS Ticket should help you out. I see you've done some things. And honestly hate this errors myself when it's not exactly known what needs to be done.

Good luck let me know how it went.

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Usually when critical software like this are half installed there is always a lot of garbage left. If I were you I'd do the following. First simply see if you have ai suite in Programs and Devices (you shouldn't) then remove folder that Ai was installing in to, then go to registry and search for AI SUITE or ASUS and try to see if you can remove anything that have to do with AI Suite, and may be some auto uninstaller tools for AI is available. Between actual files in file explorer and registry I think you should be good to go. If nothing works ASUS Ticket should help you out. I see you've done some things. And honestly hate this errors myself when it's not exactly known what needs to be done.

Good luck let me know how it went.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.