I phone is the best in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamer41

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I’m thinking about getting an iphone before end of this month what are some of the pros and cons of?
So far I've been looking at the Iphone 3GS

tank

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
The question to ask is what phones have the capabilities that you want? The 3gs is fine phone, I would not go an older than that. Keep in mind that the 3gs will be outdated in a year or so in terms of the OS on the phone.

@Shubham1401
That review actually gives the iphone 4 a higher score than the galaxy
Apple iPhone 4: 9/10 • Samsung I9000 Galaxy S: 8/10

dreamer41 I would stick the company that is leading the way in smart phone techonlogy. Yea it sucks AT&T comes with the deal most times but I do enjoy my Iphone. I think you will too.

shubham1401

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009

That score is not the overall score and only for "Application base and handling and App stores"

Go through the full review... Most of the times Samsung wins

photog10

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
I'm apple's #1 hate fan. But if you look at the iphone 4 it's the phone that has the whole package. least amount of lag. best screen, hands down. great video and stills. crazy muchos appos, and very useful ones. The hardware and software work well together.
I'm waiting for a fixed antenna version after sept 30. I won't be giving steve money for a crippled phone. I'm hoping someone will launch a 10mp/1080p capture 720p screen phone, maybe with tegra 2 implemented...keep dreaming..

I would recommend you go with the iphone 4 though.

rofl_my_waffle

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
I am a big apple hate fan too lol. I can talk pages of their shitty computers and monitors but their phone is actually pretty good.

The iPhone 4 has the highest resolution screens but the colors are bland and terrible to be comming from an IPS screen. Yet I prefer the higher resolution over Samsungs AMOLED screen.

Their app market is better too. Not only is the apps cheaper, there are more of them.

The rest of the hardware such as camera and processor is only typical but the design looks sleeker and it feels better to hold (if you don't get case)

The attenna issue is not that bad, only if you hold the phone a particular way and tightly. Even if you do grip the phone tightly in that specific position it won't necessarily drop your calls unless your already in an area of low signal. Its not noticable most of the time.

Dudester4

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
I just got iphone 4, the antenna issue isn't a big deal. I've heard if you get a case though, you won't have the problem. But honestly, holding the way you have to, isn't a big drag. I'll admit, its a bit annoying, but you just get used to it. Its like switching from and ipod touch which has the power button on the top left, to the iphone 4 which has the power button on the top right. Also, call quality is great, even with 1 bar, and traveling at 30mph+ in a car.

If the voice control had more functions it would be better then Android's voice. I've used a Motorola Droid, the voice control is awesome. However, you can get the Bing app(FREE!) for iPhone which allows for voice search. Theres also an app, "Dragon Dictation" which allows voice to text input, although you have to copy and paste it to use in other apps.
Personally I liked Safari better than Android's browser. I also found that having a home button is a lot better than having a home, back, search, and option/menu button at the bottom of the device. On the droid, the buttons were sort of in the way if you using the phone one handed and were tapping w/ your thumb.

I have tried syncing Android w/ a computer, but seeing the youtube videos, I would say that iTunes has much better control, ease of use, 1-click syncing.

I liked the iPhone's digital keyboard more than Android, they are slightly different and I don't like physical keyboards. But if your a physical keyboard fan, that would be a major downside of the iPhone.
In terms of Verizon vs AT&T, I've had NO problems with AT&T.

Dudester4

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
I forgot to mention that multitasking was more flexible than the Motorola Droids. The Droid only allowed you to switch back to 1 of 6 previous opened apps(maybe it was 8 I don't remember). I haven't tested how many apps iPhone 4 can keep in the multitasking menu, but at least 20. When you activate multitasking, it gives you a scrollable list of apps.

rofl_my_waffle

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
iPhone can't multi task at all. It can only run 1 application at a time.

It can however save application states so you can go back where you left off. But you can't have applications crunching numbers in the background.

The only thing I don't like about the iPhone is the fact you can't delete any of the default programs or even remove the icons. So you have to hide them. Probably because apple thinks their average user isn't smart enough to navigate extra options.

Status
Not open for further replies.