Solved! I put a hard drive in my laptop from the previous one I had. And I know it was working perfectly in the past on my previous l

Solution
Reading upon the current situation, it sounds like the drivers could be still installed on the HDD. What I would suggest is to reinstall Windows by a bootable USB. This should resolve any driver issues.

kanewolf

Judicious

No. That won't USUALLY work. The OS on that hard drive has the hardware configuration of the old laptop and doesn't know anything about the new hardware. Laptops are VERY dependent on the correct drivers, which are only available from the laptop manufacture. If you need data off that old disk, your best option would be a USB adapter.

Nov 16, 2018

Nov 16, 2018
Any tips on what to do if the original hard drive won't. Install windows 10 after full reset of the hard drive? It keeps on looping at the timezone and language setting and restarting... Won't do anything else

USAFRet

Illustrious

Which "original drive"?
Put the new laptop back together as it came from the store.
Does it work?

Put the old laptop back together as it came from the store.
Does it boot up? If not, what is it actually doing?

Nov 16, 2018

Nov 16, 2018
What happened was I decided to reset the original hard drive that it came with. And it went through the process of erasing all personal files that I didn't copy over to an external and when it started to install again.. I connected it to the internet and got to the time zone and language settings.. After that it says for a long time "wait a moment" and then restarts and tells me the whole time it restarted because of no internet connection to install the updates and loops like that all the time... Even though it is connected to the wifi

AroStewart

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
Reading upon the current situation, it sounds like the drivers could be still installed on the HDD. What I would suggest is to reinstall Windows by a bootable USB. This should resolve any driver issues.

Solution