I replaced my Weber grill with a flat-top griddle — here's how it went

Reactive Light

Prominent
Dec 8, 2022
"plenty of room for my dad and I to cook" -- Would you say "plenty of room for I to cook"? I certainly hope not! So why do you think that adding "dad and" changes the object "me" to a subject "I"? I know that many Americans will say something like "He baked a cake for Jane and I", but that doesn't make it sound any less ignorant.

May 28, 2023
Thanks, Kate, enjoyed the article. I still have an old Weber grill. Over 25 years now. I bought cast iron grates for it years ago. And they're perfect for cooking certain things. Much better and more durable than the original porcenalized cast iron. But I also have a Lodge vegetable/fish cooker, a Lodge griddle and an Old Stone Oven pizza stone (after cracking my Pampered Chef one, found this one specifically rated for BBQ grill usage). I enjoy the flexibility in choosing the best cooking surface for the meal.

Oct 9, 2022
"plenty of room for my dad and I to cook" -- Would you say "plenty of room for I to cook"? I certainly hope not! So why do you think that adding "dad and" changes the object "me" to a subject "I"? I know that many Americans will say something like "He baked a cake for Jane and I", but that doesn't make it sound any less ignorant.
Ignorant?? For making a small grammatical mistake??
Just an FYI, most people would rather seem a little ignorant rather than seem like a massive tool...