I spent $50 on the Temu app — and I'm surprised by what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2023
I have bought from Temu a few times. I know that the one time I did want to return something they credited my account and told me to keep the item and use it, donate it or whatever I wanted to do with it. No need to send it back. I'm sure if you would have contacted them about the broken glass, they would have given you a partial refund.

MeeLee

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2014
I've seen the store. It's clickbait. The first few items are nearly free. Like $7 sneakers. They didn't have any in my size. The majority of their stuff you can already get on alibaba, aliexpress, or even ebay, for the same prices or less.

Temu has like about 5 to 10% of products that are worth their price. Problem is, a lot aren't available in the size, color of options, or are just not something I need to buy.

Also, most of their products are "wish" like in quality. Meaning subpar crap that won't last long.

Once I realized their prices are clickbait, because 90% of their products are at least 200-250% more expensive than the prices on their ads, I uninstalled the (cr)app.

Phyzzi

Prominent
Jan 10, 2023
If you are going to use Chat GPT to "assist" in writing articles, please do your readers a favor and delete the redundancy and cliche, and if you really have to meet a minimum length, give us details like whether shipping was free or if Temu even sells things besides knock-off kitsch (for instance). I genuinely appreciate the details that were in the article about the author's experience but the "padding" just really throws me off, especially when it sets such a short, clipped pace and digresses into redundancies and meaningless aphorisms so regularly and I am sure there is more actual content to be included.

Reactions: sunshineisdway
Mar 6, 2023
I have ordered a few things from Temu.
I shouldn't say a few things. It's been a LOT actually.
A couple of times things came in damaged, and when I asked for a refund they told me don't send it back and they gave me a full refund. Even things I just didn't like we're refunded without having to send it back. Only one time have they required me to send something back. Of course it depends on what you're buying.
I tend to stick to the cheaper things because they're things I would like to try -- like some of their organizing gadgets- or have really wanted, but don't want to spend $5, $10, or more on it just to find out I don't really like it, or need it.
They have a lot of items for organizing things in a very small space. Things I've never seen or heard of. Very helpful to me.
If the quality is not good but I like it then I'll spend more money somewhere else.
Most of the stuff I have ordered from them has been nice quality. Everything from baby blankets, car accessories, kitchen gadgets, to jewelry.
I've been very surprised at the quality and very pleased. (On most of it).
Of course you get what you pay for. If you paid 47 cents for something, don't expect it to be top quality. But if I can get 10' C-type phone charger cords for a $1.47 and 100 self adhesive wall hooks for 47 cents I'll do it, rather than pay so much more elsewhere. Great place for craft supplies.
I wish they didn't package with plastic, just because it's plastic. But it is recyclable as well. However, it's not any better than all the cardboard and OVER packaging that Amazon does.
They offer a lot of free things if you invite friends, don't even try it. That's a waste of time, unless you don't mind bugging your friends with links they might not want. I don't like doing that to my friends.
I think TEMU is worth the price and they are very fair if something is damaged.
I just recently discovered that you can look at your past orders and hit the "request price adjustment". It will go through everything you've ordered and give you the lowest price that it has had since you bought it and give you the credit. I made over $11 when I figured out that button.
You can make up your own mind, personally I enjoy ordering from TEMU.
I also enjoyed discovering this article and that I could have respond to it.
HAPPY DAY TO ALL AND IT'S ALWAYS FREE SHIPPING

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023
I've seen the store. It's clickbait. The first few items are nearly free. Like $7 sneakers. They didn't have any in my size. The majority of their stuff you can already get on alibaba, aliexpress, or even ebay, for the same prices or less.

Temu has like about 5 to 10% of products that are worth their price. Problem is, a lot aren't available in the size, color of options, or are just not something I need to buy.

Also, most of their products are "wish" like in quality. Meaning subpar crap that won't last long.

Once I realized their prices are clickbait, because 90% of their products are at least 200-250% more expensive than the prices on their ads, I uninstalled the (cr)app.
I don't think you can judge something by looking at it one time. Dig a little deeper

Mar 6, 2023

The fact there is no shipping makes it far cheaper than Aliexpress, where shipping fees can be multiple times the cost of the item, and adding additional items of the same thing, no matter how small, updates the shipping cost.
But I very much dislike when an entry has multiple items, the mailings and search results show the price of the lowest options, while showing the picture of the higher priced item. That part is definite clickbait, intentional or not.

Mar 6, 2023
I just received my first Temu order today. Mainly water filters for my refrigerator but saw some good PC RAM memory that I thought I'd get to upgrade my PC. It was listed as CL 10 which is fast memory, but I tested it and it's only CL 19 which is much slower.

Thankfully it's free to return. May not use Temu again if you can't trust the listed info. Or just use it for simple things.

Mar 6, 2023
I have ordered a few things from Temu.
I shouldn't say a few things. It's been a LOT actually.
A couple of times things came in damaged, and when I asked for a refund they told me don't send it back and they gave me a full refund. Even things I just didn't like we're refunded without having to send it back. Only one time have they required me to send something back. Of course it depends on what you're buying.
I tend to stick to the cheaper things because they're things I would like to try -- like some of their organizing gadgets- or have really wanted, but don't want to spend $5, $10, or more on it just to find out I don't really like it, or need it.
They have a lot of items for organizing things in a very small space. Things I've never seen or heard of. Very helpful to me.
If the quality is not good but I like it then I'll spend more money somewhere else.
Most of the stuff I have ordered from them has been nice quality. Everything from baby blankets, car accessories, kitchen gadgets, to jewelry.
I've been very surprised at the quality and very pleased. (On most of it).
Of course you get what you pay for. If you paid 47 cents for something, don't expect it to be top quality. But if I can get 10' C-type phone charger cords for a $1.47 and 100 self adhesive wall hooks for 47 cents I'll do it, rather than pay so much more elsewhere. Great place for craft supplies.
I wish they didn't package with plastic, just because it's plastic. But it is recyclable as well. However, it's not any better than all the cardboard and OVER packaging that Amazon does.
They offer a lot of free things if you invite friends, don't even try it. That's a waste of time, unless you don't mind bugging your friends with links they might not want. I don't like doing that to my friends.
I think TEMU is worth the price and they are very fair if something is damaged.
I just recently discovered that you can look at your past orders and hit the "request price adjustment". It will go through everything you've ordered and give you the lowest price that it has had since you bought it and give you the credit. I made over $11 when I figured out that button.
You can make up your own mind, personally I enjoy ordering from TEMU.
I also enjoyed discovering this article and that I could have respond to it.
HAPPY DAY TO ALL AND IT'S ALWAYS FREE SHIPPING

I actually don't see inviting friends on Temu a waste of time. I have won 3 products free of charge with free shipping bc of inviting people. I won a $109 drone that's really, really nice, a $100 spiral hair curling barrel and a $39 security light bulb. The bulb was kinda cheaply made but the drone and curling barrel were surprisingly very well made. But that being said I have already invited all of my friends that will play along and click on the link so I just can't get the final amount of people needed to win any prizes now. I really don't know why they keep getting you to try to invite friends after you've already invited as many as someone like me has. I'm just saying it may not be worth it to you but to me it tickled me pink to actually win 3 prizes that were not just small junk items. So I say if you want to win, give it a shot bc you never know who will actually click on the link to help you win. Especially if you explain to them that it's not a trick and that you're actually gonna win something. Most of my friends wanted to help.

Reactions: sunshineisdway
Mar 6, 2023
Since I'm new here, I think I wrote my reply in the wrong place.
So I was asking why I don't get any credit even though I have invited quite a few friends and even had a couple of them download it?
What am I doing wrong?

Mar 8, 2023
I have ordered from then a lot, I'm almost addicted at this point. I've bought towels, cables, cases, adapters, shelf brackets, shoes, and many other things. So far no issues, all really cheap, nothing broken, all received quickly. I bought some wire connectors I was paying almost $15 for on Amazon for $3 and they are identical.

Reactions: RufusVS
Mar 8, 2023
I ordered like $25 worth of stuff back in nov, because it had a soap dish i liked. Couple other usb disco lights and a sunset lamp. I got my moneys worth.

But why an app? Cant everone just order from the website like i did? I keep seeing things about "most downloaded app". Is there something the app does far better than the website?

Mar 9, 2023
I spent $35 and nearly everything I got was as expected. Only thing I was disappointed on was one package of stickers that were a bit too 8bit so they are hard to see. The flashlight was nice but very light weight as expected. The rest came in very nice condition and quality. Bought mostly office supplies for kids and a Pink bag that was decent quality for it being a knock-off. And it all came 4 days earlier.

Mar 6, 2023
I just received my first Temu order today. Mainly water filters for my refrigerator but saw some good PC RAM memory that I thought I'd get to upgrade my PC. It was listed as CL 10 which is fast memory, but I tested it and it's only CL 19 which is much slower.

Thankfully it's free to return. May not use Temu again if you can't trust the listed info. Or just use it for simple things.
I'm a little leery about the unfamiliar branded memory products, like SD cards or PC RAM... Keep us posted!

Mar 9, 2023
TEMU is a scam. They sold be counterfeit products and refused to acknowledge it. They are trying to get me to drop the lawsuit by bribing me with a $50 credit to buy more fake or counterfeit products from them.

Stay away from TEMU

Mar 6, 2023
I ordered like $25 worth of stuff back in nov, because it had a soap dish i liked. Couple other usb disco lights and a sunset lamp. I got my moneys worth.

But why an app? Cant everone just order from the website like i did? I keep seeing things about "most downloaded app". Is there something the app does far better than the website?
Because they will give you free stuff if you invite friends. But they have to download the app, we'll just get credit for it.
That's one explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.